Thursday, February 21, 2008

Something Sweet for Friday: Lemon Lusts


I have a friend who is an unbelievably amazing cook! In fact, if I get even the slightest hint that she is baking, I make a point to stop by and 'see' her. She made these scrumptious treats the other day and I had to post them. Thank Tammy for the dish!
Lemon Lust
Crust:
1 cup (8 oz.) cold butter
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
Filling:
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbls. lemon zest
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
In a food processor: Cut the butter into 1/2 inch pieces and return it to the refrigerator. In the bowl of the food processor fitted with the metal blade, place the confectioners' sugar, salt, and flour. Pulse until well blended. Add the chilled butter and toss with your hands to coat the pieces with flour. Process the mixture until it looks like a fine meal, about 15 seconds.
Transfer the crust dough to a 15x10 inch glass baking pan and press firmly onto the bottom. Place the pan on the center rack in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
While the crust bakes, make the filling. Combine the baking powder and flour. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a handheld whisk until they are well mixed. Add the sugar and beat until it is fully incorporated. Add the baking powder and flour in small amounts, beating after each addition. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
Pour the filling over the hot crust and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the filling has set and is golden brown. Let the bars cool in the pan on a wire rack. When completely cool, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.

5 SPLURTS:

kellieanne said...

Anything with the words "Lemon" and "Lust" has to be good.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Those look absolutly AMAZING, and I know that your pictures are probalby making then look even better! I'm going to have to get myself to do some baking!

See you at the "shoot" on Saturday!

Nikki said...

I have to echo Kellieanne's comment. I can't wait to try these. Did you take that picture?

jase said...

You've got to stop all these pictures of food, I'm gaining weight just looking at your blog!!....although they look incredibly Yummy!

rach

Leslie said...

Those look so amazingly good. But if I make them I worry I'd eat every last bit before Troy even came home from work.