Thursday, December 01, 2011

with a bang or a fizzle?

National Writing Month is OVER!


I feel successful, happy, tired, disappointed, confused, brain-dead, elated and relieved! Yes, all at once. Holy Canoli! Who knew one month of writing could turn me into psych patient of Dr. House. My brain needs serious R&R. Good thing there isn't much to do this next month . . . ur, or not. 

My goal was to completely finish my book. I didn't quite get there, but I did write 60,000K total this last month. I'd like to think that I'm going to take it easy next month, but really, who am I kidding? I'm as competitive as a Survivor Contestant in the final four. 

So . . .

HOW DID YOU DO?

18 SPLURTS:

Jay Noel said...

60,000 words? Holy cow! That must've taken a ton of Coke Zeros.

I didn't participate this year, as I focused on getting out of revision hell and pitching to three publishers.

I figured that was enough for me!

David P. King said...

That is too awesome. I'm blind now.

But seriously, that is great. It's a lot better than my 0. Looking forward to a productive (and sick-free) December. :)

Iain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iain said...

I've got to ask... did you copy and paste the same word 60,000 times?
Well done. Make sure you let us know how you progress. :o)

Kristine said...

Awesome Erin!

prerna pickett said...

I met my goals, that's all that matters. And 60,000 words in a month is spectacular.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Congrats, that's awesome.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm so proud of you I could cry! No, really. I think it's freaking awesome! Really, REALLY awesome. And it makes me a little sad that I didn't hang out with you at the library a single time last month. Can we do a joint sneak&write a couple times this month?

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

60k? Erin, that's seriously impressive!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!
I cheered.
Did NaNo last year and won, so I was good.

Melissa Pearl said...

Congrats on 60,000! That's awesome!
I'm very impressed :)

Alexis Bass said...

Good for you!! January will be the month for resting :)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

YAY!! WOOT! *throws confetti* You are awesome!! :D
I say I'm going to take a break in December, but I'll go crazy I think. ;)

Jessie Humphries said...

SO SEND IT TO ME! LIKE NOW!!!

Ruth Josse said...

Wowzers! I don't think I'll ever be able to write a book in a month. I can't even do it in a year. :) Congrats on 60,000 hard-earned words!

Melissa Sarno said...

60,000 words? Wow! Very impressive. I didn't NaNo this year but I've been doing quite a bit of editing :)

Leigh Covington said...

WOW! Kudos for you! Even if you didn't completely finish it, that is a huge accomplishment! You go girl! I didn't do NaNo, but I did survive this semester of school and I'm glad it's almost over!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Congratulations, that must have taken a lot of coke zeros :-)