Friday, December 02, 2011

friday five.

Today I'll be at the library til' night,

Nano is over and yet, I still write. 
Before I left home, there was much to organize,
So this is my list of Friday Fives.

First, I registered for LDS Storymakers.
At this conference there are no writing haters.
My friends find editors while I'm busy taking pics.
Maybe this time I'll be the one to snag an agent.
Second I stocked my bag with treats,
That's no surprise because you know my secret,
Here's a shout-out to my second favorite snack--
Hot Tamales always hit the spot when I'm writing in the stacks.


Third I called my writer friends, 
They give me ideas and support till the end.
I think the best thing you can have when you're writing a book,
Is a group of critique partners that help you with your hook. 


Fourth I found my favorite sweater,
When I write I need comfort to pound out those letters,
It brings me luck and helps me sink into my groove,
It may be threadbare, but at least there's room to move.


Last, I updated my music list,
I-tunes could exist on just my business.
A little Zooey, Frank, and Taylor are a must,
Without some tunes, my writing would be a bust!

Happy Friday Ya'll.

What are your plans today?

17 SPLURTS:

Emily R. King said...

Oh my, that sweater is hideous. People should have to be 65 years old and up to wear it. The cashier should check ID before selling it.

Iain said...

If you need another friend
To help with that spark
Then I'll help you out
with this writing lark!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

You are too cute! And I'm dying to register for Storymakers. Hopefully they'll have some spots open in February. Gotta wait for tax returns. :P

Jaime Mormann said...

Since I'm clearly one of the "writing friends," which one do I get to be? Can I be Rachel?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You had me at Hot Tamales...

Jenny S. Morris said...

I am with Emily, that sweater is so tacky. LOL. And I wish I lived in Utah, and could go to Storymakers. Everyone seems to be going. Oh well.

Have fun in the Stacks. I'm working then watching go old Chuck with my hubster. Then a weekend of Christmas shopping and house decorating.

Have a great weekend!!

Jessie Humphries said...

Storymakers registration already??? I'm on it asap...and I'll be Pheobe.

Kristine said...

I love your 5's. You crack me up! Maybe I'll stalk you at the library tonight. Hahahahaha!
Just kidding, I don't want to hang out at the library on a Friday night. What am I, a nerd without a life? Oh wait... you'll be there... um, scratch that. Love ya!

Leigh Covington said...

Dude, your favorite sweater ROCKS! That is stylin'. LOL!

And my boy would love your choice in candy. He always goes for the hot tamales!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That sweater is the BOMB!

I'll be Monica, as today is spent trying to clean, shop, and get everything in order. Plus, Rachel and Phoebe were already taken, and I really don't want to be Ross.

David P. King said...

That sweater. Wow. You can get beat up wearing something like that. Name the movie. :)

I registered, too. This is my deadline to land year, so I'm going for broke. See you there!

Brekke said...

CRAP! I got you that same sweater for Christmas. I didn't know you already had one. Way to spoil it Erin.

Ruth Josse said...

A day a the library?! I'm jealous. I'm not jealous of the sweater however.

I'm saving up my money so I can go to storymakers. And trying to think of something I can bribe my husband with so he'll watch the kids for two days.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I have no idea what hot tamales are but they don't sound like sweeties!
The sweater is ... uh ... interesting :-)

Jay Noel said...

Hot Tamales are a little too hot to handle.

And which Taylor are you listening to? Taylor Swift or James Taylor???

Maggie said...

I really hope that isn't your writing sweater. Haha. Hope the library was a productive day.

Kelley said...

Cute lol. And yay for library <3