Friday, October 14, 2011

friday five.

Today I'm dedicating this post to five people that I think are seriously awesome. Some are published, some are not, and some are really close. But whatever the stage of writing they're in, they amaze me with their mad skills. Check them out:

1. Peggy Eddleman - my girl Peggy has been with me from the beginning when we were rogue class attendees in a writing class that changed our lives. She's helped me figure out plot structure and fix bad dialogue. And on a side note, her husband makes a mean roasted red pepper soup.

2. Jessie Humphries - I like to call this girl Coonskin because her maiden name is coon. We met at a writing conference two years ago and she's been one of my best writing buddies since then. I can't imagine going to a conference without her. It would just be lamesauce. Jessie makes me laugh because she's kind of irreverent and kind of random and a lot of cool.

3. My Pile of Books -this awesome little book review site was started by a great writing friend of mine, Stacey. She and a few other "anonymous" bloggers support this blog. But sometimes those other gals are really busy and kind of lame and they feel really bad for not supporting so much. But the point is, the blog is awesome. And Stacey is awesome for starting it. Can anyone say awesome much?

4. Ally Condie - I met Ally years ago at a writing conference. I love her because she's small, she likes to run, and she writes like a friggin' genius. She makes me laugh with her dry wit. And her next book, Crossed, is soon to come out and it will be as fabulous as the first so check it out.

5. Julie Donaldson -  Alright, so here's the situation with Julie. One, she's amazing. She can do anything when it comes to writing. I met Julie at the same conference I met Ally. Julie published a little book on love awhile back and her first national title will be out sometime next year. You'll want to keep an eye out for her.

Those are my five favorite writing ladies. They inspire me. Check them out, I hope they inspire you too.

9 SPLURTS:

Jessie Humphries said...

Dear Erin,
I am writing to inform you that I have been retained by Mrs. Coonskin to file suit against you for Defamation. She finds the term "irreverent" to be misleading and inappropriate. She has been emotionally damaged in the amount of $10,000.00. In her words, she is "totally effing reverent."
Sincerely,
Jessie's Attorney :).

Jenny S. Morris said...

I am dieing over Jessie's comment. You guys are too funny. I will have to check out the ladies I don't already know. Thanks Erin!

Liz Reinhardt said...

So funny, Jessie! I already love some of these ladies, so I'll be sure to check them ALL out and add to my list of awesome writer ladies I know! Thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the great list! I am also a writer/photog, so it's fun to find your blog.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Ahh. Sweet memories of rogue class attending. Nothing in the world like sneaking into fab classes with the ever sneaky Erin Summerill.

DEZMOND said...

Coonskin, he he :)

Shallee said...

I love hearing about the blogger's other people love! Thanks for sharing. :)

Stacey said...

You know I love you too Erin! So so much! I wish I were on top of things more lately with blogging and writing too. Seriously, we need to get together!

Sara B. Larson said...

I didn't make the list? I am offended for the rest of forever. JK. Mostly. ;)