Monday, October 17, 2011

secret 11 of 100

I own 46 pairs of shoes. (An all time low for me.)


After falling victim to a terrible shoe storm in my closet, my husband made the rule that I could only own as many shoes as years old I am.

First, I'm not 44. I won't be for quite some time.
Second, I used to be pretty good about following the rule . . . by bending it a little. I separated my winter shoes from summer. Depending on the season, I kept only my age amount of shoes in the closet. But last month I had a yard sale and purged myself of fifteen pairs of shoes. (Yes, that means I had over 60 pairs.) So now that my 44 are feeling small in number I decided to put them all in the closet. To heck with the rule.
Third, I'm feeling the itch for more shoes. Have you seen all the boots this season? Ugh. I'm dying. What's another couple pairs of boots?

I admit, I'm a little bit of a shoe addict. But not bad, right? What's 44 pairs? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of you out there that probably own twice that. And if that's the case then it wouldn't matter if I add a few more pairs to the closet. I NEED shoes!

Do you have a shoe addiction too? If not (though I can't imagine why not) I want to know what's the one thing you hoard in your home. I've decided that these new shoes I want so badly can be my reward once I finish my WIP. I'm super close, ya'll. And then we can party with my new boots!

21 SPLURTS:

Kristine said...

I want an invite to that party! I'd be a shoe addict if my bank account would allow it. I love shoes too. More importantly - I love your shoes. You have such a cute style. I just wish you were my same size so I could buy them at your yard sales!
Peggy and I all the time see shoes and say "Aren't these ones totally Erin?!"

Angela Cothran said...

I've never been into shoes (I'm a size 6, so I can never find my size), but I always wanted to be :) Shoes are a work of art!

L.L. Muir said...

Purses. I have to have a new purse every month or two. The seasons change you know.
When my brain has disengaged for one reason or another, I have found myself staring at purses for hours before I finally shake myself out of it and drive home, unable to choose one. Those are sad days.

Emily R. King said...

YES! I could shop for shoes online all day, and it's the first part of the store I go to when I'm shopping. I even look for excuses to buy shoes for my kids.
Good for you for having a love of shoes!

i'm erin. said...

ER King, you're my sole sister ( ha ha...get the pun)

Lesli, I get the purse thing. I just started collecting purses last year. It's super addictive.

Angela, what the freak? YOu have the perfect shoe size! I'm super jealous.

Kristiney...i have something better than shoes for you. It should be done today.

Brekke said...

Yeah, Hi, I am Brekke and I own six pairs of shoes. Tennis Shoes, casual shoes, two pairs of church shoes (black shoes and white sandals) a cheap pair of flipflops and a nicer pair of flipflops.

I do, however, horde cupcake wrappers. I am sure I will eventually use them all, but then I keep adding when I find new colors or fun patterns.

i'm erin. said...

Brekke! I'm dying. You and I need to go shopping. I can't believe you only own 6 pairs. The thought alone is sucking my will to live. We have to buy more shoes for you!

Jenny S. Morris said...

I only own about 10. But, I do love shoes. And, you can't live in the Pacific NW without boots. So, I want to be invited to your party. I need more shoes!

Jessie Humphries said...

Yesterday I went into White House Black Market to see if I could pick up some $20 sale heels (like you said you did)...no go! Utah must have the better sales. When you come to Vegas for our writers retreat, please tell me we can go shopping for shoes! Save some moula!

Lillie McFerrin said...

Like Brekke, I only own a small number of shoes. Just the ones I need. Although, I love looking at shoes. I just always think, 'where would I wear those.' But, later I see them on someone and wish I had just bought them!

My issue is books. I have hundreds from when I was a child, hundreds from college (even Chemistry), and any book I read. I simply cannot part with any of them.

Jennie Bennett said...

I should finish my WIP so I can buy new shoes too! Great idea!

Peggy Eddleman said...

When I read your first line... I own 46 pairs of shoes... my first thought was, What?! She's not 46 years old!

I only own... probably less than half that many. I love looking at them, though! It's like looking at candy.

Hm... What do I hoard...

I got nothin'. Suddenly I'm feeling really boring. Just bumped up to the number one item on my to-do list: find something to hoard.

Maggie said...

Not a shoe girl. And now that I think of it, I can't think of anything I have a ton of. I hate clutter and I throw things away or sell them all the time. And eventually I end up wishing I had kept it.

i'm erin. said...

Ha Maggie, I yard sale stuff and come later, I wish I hadn't.

Lindsey said...

So this made me curious--I just took a big bag of old shoes that I never wear to the D.I. leaving my existing usable count down to 43 pairs. (Said with an ounce of guilt as I realize my addiction is only slightly under control.) But Andy has thousands of dollars worth of video games and equipment so I can justify just about anything. :)

DEZMOND said...

there can never be too much shoes (If the shoes are your own and not someone else's off course :)

Rocky Rudd said...

I don't really do shoes. What I hoard is pens and pencils. I have two spacemakers filled with tons of pens and pencils that I haven't used since elementary school and probably never will...but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. And anytime I find a new cool pen/pencil, I get it, send the previous ones to the spacemaker, and use the new one until something cooler comes along. Yup, definitely got an addiction there.

Alleged Author said...

I don't have a shoe addiction, but I feed my friends' shoe addictions all the time.

Brekke said...

Yes Lillie! I would love to own a pair of cute boots, but I don't know where/when I would wear them and honestly, don't think I can pull them off. I am just not stylish like that. LOL

Shari said...

Where do you find the money to buy shoes? By the time I've spent my money on books, there isn't any left for shoes. And btw, you should never get together with my daughter. She doesn't have any more room in her closet for shoes.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

When it comes to my closet, Amilda Marcos is my hero and I just got a new pair of 5inch stilettos two weeks ago. Hotstuff has a rule but rules are meant to be broken. I think my current total right now is over 35 pairs.