Thursday, April 21, 2011

build it and he will come.

Remember Field of Dreams? Such a classic, back when Kevin Costner was pure awesome.

Today Brekke, my frienemy, came by with her decadant strawberry lime "scratch" cakes (cupcakes made without a box mix). Unfortunately for me, and my kids that may or may not have heard me curse, I am not eating sugar. Mark and I agreed, when we returned from California, that our sugar days were over. So for the last five days I've been doing great.

And them Brekke came.

Well, I did tell her in the past, "Bring it and I will shoot." And so she did. I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I only had to leave the room once, fist stuffed securely in my mouth, to keep myself from lunging at the scratch cake and shoving it, wrapper and all, in my mouth. Now I have these lovely pictures to post.

Enjoy a strawberry lime Brekke-Cake.


Sigh. Remember when I could eat sugar and my hair wouldn't fall out. Yes, those were the good days.


3 SPLURTS:

Kristine said...

Those look so good!! I don't blame you for struggling! Any chance on getting the recipe?

i'm erin. said...

I see what I can do Kristine! They look so good. When I can eat even a little sugar again, they are on the top of my list.

Anonymous said...

these look yummy. I commented above but removed it coz i used the wrong blogger account.,.lol..