Tuesday, March 08, 2011

LENT. die sugar die.



Lent, typically followed by Catholics, starts tomorrow.

I am not Catholic, however, I see the need in my life and my family's to break our addiction to sugar. And I figure, why not do it now while a great deal of other people are doing the same. Mark and I started our quest to cut sugar at the beginning of the year, and we did awesome for quite some time. The last few weeks, littered with holidays and vacations, haven't been the best. And I'll tell you, I can feel the difference.
When I eat a lot of sugar, frankly, I feel like Poo!
I'm tired. Blue. Un-motivated. Sluggish. Mean.
Pretty much, life sucks. Watch the video, you'll see what I'm talking about.
So, though I know cutting the sugar addiction is hard (I've traveled this road before), I also know it's better for my well-being.

I'm not saying that all sugars like those found in fruit and veggies are bad, but I definitely think rocky road ice cream before bed isn't scoring points with my thighs.

So here's the plan:

40 Days to become a healthier, more-energetic me!

Eliminate:
Candy
Cake
Cookies
Anything made with High Fructose Corn Syrup
Any processed food that has SUGAR listed as one of the first three ingredients

Are you in?


7 SPLURTS:

Brooke said...

Nope, not in. I am however also observing Lent this year. I'm not as diligent or ambitious as you. I'm cutting out chocolate and candy. I would go for the gold like you and eliminate it all, but I hate shooting high knowing I'm not going to hit the goal... :) Good luck to you though, you've always been more motivated and more diligent than me!

Nikki said...

hmmm. no. But I'll cut out dairy. How's that? Mostly because I'm pretty sure Baby Girl is sensitive to it and maybe me too.

Maybe I'll cut out sugar next year. hahaha yeah right.

It has, however, been 2 months and 6 days since I last had chocolate, longer since carbonation, and a couple weeks longer since caffeine. The chocolate still tempts me and I have nightmares about it.

Sara said...

Wow, that sucks that sugar is that bad for you. Especially when you're pregnant and craving it all day. Ugh.

Shari said...

Ewww. I won't be joining you, but I've certainly been cutting back, and every time I'm tempted, I'll picture those sad caterpillar platelets. *shudder* Good luck to you!

The Price Family said...

YES!!! The Price Family is in. It will be fun :)

Nikki said...

I retract my comment. I should've watched that video the first time I read this post. Wow! I'm starting right now.

By the way, the yellow box of Cheerios has sugar as the third ingredient. Crazy huh?

yanmaneee said...

lebron james shoes
kevin durant shoes
yeezy boost 350
yeezy supply
golden goose
air jordan
kyrie irving shoes
authentic jordans
curry 7 shoes
canada goose