Monday, January 10, 2011

one week down.

Anyone who has ever worked at changing a habit, knows it's an uphill battle. And I'll tell you this, last week has been like climbing a mountain as we worked on becoming (drum roll please) HEALTHIER (Can you hear the angels rejoicing with our choice for good?). We (as in, my lil' Summerill clan) cut almost all sugar and processed foods out of our diet, we've exercised six out of the last seven days, and we went to bed before my 2010 nighty-night time of 1:30am.

So with one week down in our quest, I wanted to give a little update:

7 days without sugar
3 1/2 weeks without caffeine
4 pounds lost
4 days exhausted this week
Then....
3 days feeling good! I think things are turning around and we might actually be able to stick this out.

How are your new year's resolutions going?

6 SPLURTS:

Kristine said...

8 days down without Mt Dew, and only about 12 oz of any kind of carbonation in the past 8 days.
8 days of being tired. Hoping for energy soon. Worked out 5 of those days.

i'm erin. said...

kristiney! You are doing excellent.

Shari said...

Congratulations, Erin! I have no food resolutions this year, although I probably should. But . . . I am keeping up on my writing goals so far. Keep up the great work!

i'm erin. said...

Thanks Shari! I'm sad I missed you at the Christmas party. Are you going to LDSstorymakers? I am.

Shari said...

Good Job! You Can Do It! Those are my words of encouragement. My resolution started last August and stuck through the new year. I started eating healthier and making excercise a must instead of giving into my busy life. The result down 8 pounds and fitting my favorite jeans again. The really great part teenagers that I see following my lead. Hopefully they won't have to make resolutions at the age of 41.
Love ya, Shari Weaver your sis in law.

Peggy said...

Erin-- that's awesome! I wish I could say I was doing that well...