Sunday, January 02, 2011

farewell my two friends...

Due to boring and somewhat unpleasant details concerning my bizarre and often perplexing health issues, that aren't quite issues, but simply unpleasantries, I HAVE to make a few changes in my lifestyle.
See, over the last few months and after a handful doctorola visits, I've come to the conclusion (well inspired by a few friends, a doctor, and quite a hairy man and his lovely wife on a wild trip to NYC) that I HAVE to STOP eating sugar.

(GASP) I know, right?

But I figure why not go gangbusters, so I'm pulling out the IV of Diet Coke.

(OUCH) So sad, right? (bye, bye Harts, my long-time friend)

For the good of erinkind, I'm taking this small step for others but a giant leap for me. And I'm making encouraging my resistant understanding hubby to make the same lifestyle. Wish us luck.

So in the next few months if you happen to eat a brownie in front of me, and then I just happen to knock it out of your hand, stomp it into an undistinguishable stain of brown on the ground, and then smack my palm to your forehead...well, here's hoping you'll realize the grave mistake you made in my presence. And then you'll kindly apologize for your ridiculousness. And there will be no hard feelings.
Because I'm cool like that.

I wish you all an awesome 2011!

luv, erin

16 SPLURTS:

SummShine said...

What if we send you a giant sized 'Galaxy' chocolate bar? It is probably the best chocolate ever. Put a piece in your mouth, let it melt, and enjoy!
Dave

Shari said...

I should be doing this with you, but it's too skeery! Good luck!

i'm erin. said...

Dave, you're the devil.

Lindsey said...

I've been 3 days now without D.C. and I'm about ready to take some names! If you see me and I need a personality transplant, just remember, the fun, happy Lindsey left when she said sianara to D.C. God be with you till we meet again...

i'm erin. said...

ha ha...i totally am there with you lindsey!

Nikki said...

So I actually thought you were about to announce the departure of your ovaries or something. I've given up the 3 c's. Caffeine, carbonation, and chocolate. I'm hoping I can give up sugar completely. But I'm going to start small. Good luck!

JoMamma said...

I will be staying away from you until you are past the moody part of detox. Good Luck

Jessie Humphries said...

That is so weird...because I totally had a diet coke and brownies for dessert last night! I guess I am going in the opposite direction...but good luck with that!

Kayleen said...

way to go! i can tell a HUGE difference when I cut back on sugar. I can only imagine what it would be like to not have it at all. keep us posted on how you feel! :)

Ipo said...

I keep saying I'm going to try it, to cut the sugar out (at least significantly down). I know I need to. But you have my total support. You will not see me eating a triple chocolate brownie and chugging down diet coke anywhere near you. Promise. Unless of course, you plan on coming to Am. Samoa any time soon. In that case, either give me fair notice or no promises. Hee, hee!! I will be making similar changes soon...Here's to the sugar free us!

SummShine said...

We (Kate and I) are actually sugar free and snack food free too. Keep an eye on our blog in a few months to see some more awesome results on Kate because of it!

i'm erin. said...

Ipo, you always crack me up! You need to come on back here.

David, I'm excited to see Kate!

Cruise to the Max said...

I thought it would be really hard to give up soda and sugar but it hasn't been. I only felt like stealing and rapidly eating every bowl of candy in the office, which is a significant number, for the first couple of days. Also, the uncontrollable shakes and sweats have begun to come less frequently. I feel awesome.

lovin' my 6 said...

You go, Girl. I envy your drive. I will pray for you. You are gonna feel great . . . in about 6 weeks. Best of all to you.

lovin' my 6 said...

Best of all to you. You are gonna do great just like you do in everything you do. I did this once. It gets easy and you feel great after the first 6 weeks.

Kristen said...

you GO lady! After I give birth, I'm all over this. But not yet... and Dave is the devil. sheesh! (he can send it to me for now.. heh heh) no really.