Wednesday, January 12, 2011

how much would you pay.

These shoes retail for $1500.00. Seriously.
And, yes, I have a picture of them because I know someone (who's totally awesomesauce) that bought them.

Recently I purchased a pair of sweater Uggs--something I said I'd never ever buy.
More than $100 on a pair of shoes is ridiculous. Right?
Well, after trying them on (a weakness in my part for stopping at the Nordstroms for too long) I resisted...for all of one week before I found them at another store and plunked down $150 for the Aussie boots.

Why, you ask, would I ever spend so much on shoes? Because they're worth it. They form to your feet in a cozy warmth that can't be matched. Believe me, I know. I'm a connoisseur of shoes, having purchased and tried hundreds of different brands and types. Now that I own the Uggs, I wear them almost daily. They're replaced 90% of what I used to wear. And to be honest, if my sweet hubby wouldn't give me the crazy eye for trying to wear them to church, I'd be wearing them %100 of the time.

So before my Uggs, my limit for shoes stopped somewhere around $80. But now that I've joined the dark side, I can't say I know what my limit is.

How much would you pay for an awesome pair of shoes? 

What is too expensive? 

8 SPLURTS:

Ashley said...

This story is SO familiar. I, too, had a shoe price limit of around $70-$80. I, too, swore I'd never buy Uggs - and now they replace 90% of what I wear and I have seriously contemplated wearing them to Church... but resisted since some other woman got in trouble (LOL!) before me. I, TOO, drool over Louboutins and they are my DREAM shoe and I KNOW some day, I WILL own a pair ;)

Ticklemedana said...

oh man...unless they are new tennis shoes or *COUGH*ReebokEasytones*COUGH* I don't buy shoes that aren't on clearance at ross, tjmaxx and burlington and then my limit is $20, $30 for boots...I splurged on reeboks in october for $100 and they are THE most comfy shoes...EVER...and I stand on my feet all day for work. Have they toned my toukas? Not a clue, but they are hot pink and comfy...that's all that matters, right?

i'm erin. said...

Ashley, we're definitely related! ha ha.
Dana, I have wanted a pair of those for awhile. Comfy and cute is aways a bonus. I'll have to check them out.

Tiff 'n' Tuks said...

This post couldn't have come at a more appropriate time! If you look at my blog you will see how many shoes i have brought while on holiday!
However i am not a shoe snob and so wouldn't spend more than $60 NZ on a pair of shoes and $150 on a pair of winter boots.

Camcorder said...

pssh. i've never spent more than 65 bucks, even for super snazzy fancy awesome rugby cleats, or my sweet sizzlin' nikes, or my peace trippin hippie sanuks (which i still wear 50% of the time during the winter.), or my priceless pumas.
you gotta look for deals, dearest erin. i find comfort for less than half of what you spend.
ha.

Allyson Condie said...

I shell out around $80-$90 for my running Mizunos. Sooo worth it. Plus, I figure it's cheaper than a gym membership and I just don't mess with cheap running shoes. Not worth it!

jase said...

Erin we finally agree! (before I married madame wonderful!!!) I spent $295 on multiple pairs of shoes...each! In my defence I still own and wear each and every one of these shoes (almost 10 years old)and regularly polish them! So I feel I have gotten my $$ worth. (in the same time I have worn and killed many sketchers and doc martins and they are worthless!) So I agree with amazing footwear purchases.

Nikki said...

I had to look them up to see what they were. I can't say that I'm impressed with the way they look. But maybe the feel of them is worth it.

I've worn slippers (Wal-Mart flip flops) for the past two years-- except a couple of times wearing sandals to church. haha. Don't tell Mom. It all started with the multiples pregnancy and seriously fat feet . . .