Wednesday, September 29, 2010

le dessert craptastico!

I like food. Who doesn't? But I hate it when I'm having a hankering for something sweet, and thanks to some grand idea I had two days ago about getting fit, there's nothing yummy in my house to eat. And to make matters worse, someone like Tammy posts something ridiculously good-looking. Check it out HERE!

Of course I act like any other rational stay-at-home mom toting a muffin like stomach, and working towards slimming up to her 20's again. I dig through my cupboards for every last ingredient on that blasted blog post. And sadly enough, I'm one egg short.
One egg from chocholate goodness that will take all my woes away.
One!

So I do the next best thing. I peruse my cookbooks, scan the internet, and say a prayer in my heart that I can make something similar to Tammy's tempting creation.

Do I?

Um, Yeah. Not so much. But though they aren't gourmet, or even finely crafted, these homemade oreos will please my kids. And given the bizarre aftertaste, my diet is saved too! So I'm happy all around. Chocolate craving cured. Diet saved. Kids happy. I feel like a regular super-mom.

If you feel like making le oreo dessert craptastico, here's the recipe. You can be super-mom too!


One devils food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 T. water

Mix all of that together until it forms a wierd sticky dough substance. Then pinch off large marble size pieces and roll into balls. Set on a greased cookie sheet a couple inches apart. Press flat. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

When cool, no need to get all fancy and make frosting. Just pick up some whipped cream cheese frosting in the tubs and smear between two cookies.

Arrange on a decorative plate, and call yourself a domestic goddess!



6 SPLURTS:

Cheeseboy said...

Those look freaking awesome, as displayed by your kid's smile. One egg short? I hate that!

Peggy said...

Dang. Between the two of you...

tammy said...

I love you so much, Erin. You and your Zoolander references.....

tammy said...

P.S. Don't you know that when you don't have enough eggs you go to Peggy's house and get some?

Jo said...

You should have used your MAMA's recipe if you wanted homemade ice-cream sandwiches that were GOOD!

Jessie Humphries said...

Your little boy is so cute! And those cookies look fantastic...even if they didn't taste that way.:) That's why this season I am stickin to the peaches I canned. I have like a hundred stinkin bottles...I have to. Little caried away.