Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Intern: FIRED!

So the other day, Intern says to me, "Erin, I just texted my friend and told her I was at your house since you're my OBFF."

Say what? "Um, what is an OBFF?"

"You know," she says glancing from her most recent text to me. "It means Old Best Friend Forever, because my friends at school are like my BFFs but you're old, so you're an OBFF."

Hello? How old does she think I am? I thought back over our conversations and I realized she referred to me this way quite a few times before. Like when we first started working together and she mentioned her friend's mom was probably around my age. Do I look like I'm old enough to have a 17 year old daughter? Maybe if I got preggers when I was 12. Eww! Gross!

Anyway, I had to set that girl straight. I am not OLD! In fact, with a bit of Photoshop work, I look a lot like her teen BFFs. So there!

All I had to say in response to that was, "FIRED!"

But, apparently she doesn't listen because she's still working for me. So here's a cute shot anyway of Intern with her YBFFs.

7 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

so does this mean I can't show my face (or slightly color challenged scalp) at your house anymore in case she realizes that if you have a only slightly older sister that is going gray, then you MUST be in the oldies club, too?

i'm erin. said...

That is right Pugh. We need to lose weight, dye our hair, and start wearing 80's-esque clothing so we are young again.

Peggy said...

You totally should've Photoshopped yourself into that BFF pic, looking like a YBFF! But not wearing 80's-esque clothing.

For multiple reasons...

intern marie said...

I so did not say that!! my friend said that. you always twist what I say to sound really bad! what!!

i'm erin. said...

Intern, Fired!

JoMamma said...

I have two thoughts.

1. Intern's mom was 12 when she had her.

2. You are acting way to mature.

I highly doubt the second one, so it must be the first you are infact the same age as her mother.

Kamie said...

This blog post title is my favorite ever.