Thursday, September 02, 2010

friend(wedge)ship.

Today I spoke to my friend (using my new nifty iphone. If you don't have one, get one. It's the bomb diggity...I believe this phrase is having a comeback, and so by using it, I'm riding the cool wave.)


Anyway, me and the aforementioned friend spoke about a particular book. A book that may or may not be the final book of a trilogy and may or may not have a supa' stink ending. Just saying.

My friend said she LOVED said book. What the? Are you for real? I thought, and may have said. Blown away, I was (thanks Yoda). How could we be such good friends and have such different taste. (Mine being excellent reading taste, and her's, well, not so much). I was pushed to anger by her acceptance and satisfaction with the ending. I was almost just as angry with her as I was with the ending. Friends should like what their friends like, right? And hate what their friends hate, right?

Now, I'm not going to end a friendship or anything. I'm not that type of friend. But, agh. You know?

Anyway, that's just my feelings as of right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

p.s. Author S.C. You are partially dead to me (I did love the first two books) because you have driven a wedge between me and my friend(s).
luv, erin

15 SPLURTS:

Peggy said...

What?! I don't remember talking with you on the phone today!

Leslie said...

Are you talking about a certain book with a blue cover. If so, I thought the ending was so-so and okay. Not great but not terrible. I did like when so&so was shot, ha ha.

Rach said...

I enjoyed "said" book, but I go with Leslie with the ending...I think it went well with the book..being a war book & having a almost tragedy ending, but I could have used a bit more smoochy smoochy!

Weight Family said...

Thanks a lot for ruining it for me.

Julianne said...

I am right with you, Erin! I want to punch everyone in the face who says they love that book. Punch. Punch. Face punch. Yeah. Like that. And I want to punch the author, or the stupid editors who made her cut out the 100 missing pages that would have made the story good. And I will totally not be friends with anyone who disagrees with me.

Just sayin

Kristine said...

Erin! You crack me up! I'm still in the middle of "the book" so we'll see how our friendship stands...

kellieanne said...

I haven't even started the blue cover book because I have too many other books I'm interested in finishing first. So, we still have time to enjoy our friendship.

JoMamma said...

So Erin do you want to lend me your copy of the book. I'll agree with you on whatever you say just to get it sooner than I would from the library.

tammy said...

I'm not gonna go as far as to say it was me that you are talking about, but there must be some reason I feel something pointy sticking me in the side....(I'm pretty sure when you use a wedge you hold it wrong...) Also, I've read enough of your crappy book suggestions ***cough StolenForestofHandsandTeethShivercough*** to cut me a little slack!!! Although The Thief books and Unwind were dang good so please don't stop feeding me book suggestions.....Love Ya Erin!!! ;)

tammy said...

P.S. Joann: You are hilarious. I love you.

Just SO said...

Like Rachael said it was a war book and the whole series was pretty dang dark so I'm no to sure what type of ending you were expecting.

I'm pretty sure I'm siding with Tammy on this one. I liked the ending. Granted she could have taken time to write more and made it happier but then it really wouldn't have fit with all of the series yk?

Hopefully this won't cause too much of a wedge in our friendship.

i'm erin. said...

Shanna, you are dead to me.

Haley Hale said...

Maybe you should just write an alternate ending to make things right. Then let me read it to see which ending I like better!

Mickell S said...

A certain blue book that I just HAD to read before I left the country... What a waste. I was more than a little disappointed by the whole thing and most especially the ending. So glad you and I agree.

Carterista said...

I feel relieved to know that I might hate or love the ending. I was pretty worried before I read this blog post. My library copy has been sitting on my nightstand for at least a week, so I'm pretty sure some people are cursing me for having it so long. If someone thinks they can read it in a day or two, they could borrow.