Tuesday, June 16, 2009

STUPID.

Plain. Simple. Stupid.

First off, I fully take credit for waking up at 4 AM and having a panic attack over my mom's stinky-eleven-year-old Retriever--PO. She's seriously gross. And by 'gross' I mean, she has the worst butt breath ever.

I don't know why I was even thinking about her at 4 AM, but I had to know, right then and there, where she was. Because, should she ever go missing, my mom would dis-own me and probably ground me for the rest of my life.

"Mark, where's the dog." He grunted. I poked. He grunted again. I jabbed. He got out of bed. To appease my freaking-out-ness he ran down stairs and "completely searched" every room in the basement. "Are you sure she's not there?" I checked. He rolled his eyes. Apparently at 4 AM he's not ok with me 'double checking.'

"Are you kidding me?" I jumped out of bed, slipped on the resurrected teal sweats and searched the upstairs. Two minutes later, Mark and I came face to face. "She's gone. You have to find her." I begged. I pleaded. I demanded cried.

Mark grabbed the keys, climbed into the truck and took off in search of Po.

That's when I had the inkling to do the double checking myself. I walked down the stairs, opened the boys door, and Lo and Behold--Po, the stink-butt dog was hanging with the boys.

So, thirty minutes later, when grumpy Mark comes home and walks into the bedroom, all I have to say is, "Seriously, that was so Stupid."

Maybe next time he'll be ok with the "double checking".

17 SPLURTS:

Nick and Emily said...

po gives me nightmares too. ;)

Natalie. said...

Ha! That's like Richie standing in front of the fridge: "where's the _____!" Me: "It's in there." R: "Um, no it's not." Me: "Um, yes it is. Please don't make me get up." R: "it is not here!!" Then of course I get up, and low and behold. . . it's RIGHT AT EYE LEVEL. Stupid.

Rach said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I can't believe he did that. 10 points to Mark.

A. said...

hahahaa - that was awesome.

Just SO said...

Did you know that the word for butt in German is Po? Awesome.

Ella said...

PO is a nice doggy! He does have stinky breathe! But not as bad as Erin's pits. JK

Cruise to the Max said...

In my own defense.
1. It was 4am and I had been working on a remodeling project for someone till 12:40am and did not get to bed till about 1:30am.
2. I was gone when everyone got into bed so I assumed that Erin had taken care of making sure the dogs and kids were all in the house before she went to bed.
3. I actually did double check. (I can see your thoughts now - "Then why didn't you see the dog in the boys room?" Let me continue.)
4. Po was hiding, I mean sleeping on the far side of the room on the other side of George's bed which is opposite of the entrance to the room.
5. I always look in on the kids before I go to bed and Po has always been sleeping in the middle of the room every other time I walked in the room.
6. Lastly, Po hates me! She doesn't like the fact that I make her go outside to go the bathroom. I always do the dirty jobs. Because of this hatred she has for me she won't come when I call her unless she can see a treat like a bone or a slice of cheese in my hand, and I was calling for her.

i'm erin. said...

Whatever! That's ridiculous that you just didn't really 'check'. Checking doesn't mean "mindlessly perusing"...no way. In fact, at four am, checking means looking everywhere so we can get back to sleep and not be zombies the next day.

Seriously, Sooooooooo Stupid.

big8smiley said...

LOL! Poor husbands. If they don't like the middle-of-the-night freak out double checking, maybe they should take on all our other jobs instead and we will just double check OURSELVES!

kellieanne said...

Seriously, I would never wake Carp at 4 a.m. to look for a dog. He would totally cus at me and roll over.

Mariko said...

I just read the long duck long story.
AAAA HA HA HA HA!
Only you can get away with such a conversation, Erin.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Sorry, Erin. I'm giving props to Mark. I think that's sweet he'd go searching at 4 am for a dog that hates him, just because he loves you.

Nikki said...

I would make Danny check. But mostly because I can hardly move my massive body. And Danny wouldn't hesitate at all to do it. Of course, Danny knows better than to come back and say he couldn't find her. lol

JoMamma said...

Is Po still alive. Holly cow.

JoMamma said...

Is Po still alive. Holly cow.

Jo said...

Ok, this is it. Ipo is the "doggy of my life!" You're right--you would have been disinherited! And, let me add--she might NOT have stinky breath if you would brush her teeth--how do you think YOUR breath would smell if you didn't brush it for the 12 days you stayed somewhere. And, another thing, Ipo means SWEATHEART in Hawaiian, and if they give ANYONE nightmares it's because they must NOT like dogs at all, because SHE IS THE BEST! MOM

Jo said...

oops, misspelling, That's SWEETHEART in Hawaiian.