Wednesday, March 18, 2009

seriously SICK!

Disclaimer: If you've read my blog before, you know I'm a fan of airing all my 'crap'. This post is no exception. If you're weak of stomach or you can't handle another diarrhea story (that's probably not quite as good as this one), then skip this post for the day.

I am potty training Teddy. No, I am trying to convince Teddy to potty train. No, I am miserably cleaning up endless poopy messes because I am too cheap to buy another diaper...that sounds about right.

Today, is the day, I figured. Teddy hasn't had a BM in two days so it was bound to happen. I worked out my schedule so I wouldn't have to go anywhere, and I sat him down to watch Barney. Half way through the show I heard, "Mommy."

I ran into the front room and found Teddy standing with a lump of Kaka hanging in his underwear. Crap! I missed it. I rushed him into the bathroom where he finished his business.

After I started a load of laundry, I let him watch the rest of the show. 10 minutes later, I heard, "Mommmmmmmmy." What? I jumped up from my desk and ran into the front room.

Oh my freakin' word!!! Holy Crap bucket. Teddy struggled to stand up as he slipped on the giant puddle of diarrhea that had leaked from his once clean pair of dinosaur undies. Poop, like I'd never before seen, smeared his arms and legs, coating my floor like a doodoo frosting.

I grabbed him and put him on the toilet while I tried to wrap my brain around what to do next. Starting, by washing the poop off of my fingers, I proceeded to retrace his poop steps and wipe up the floor, throw him in the tub, wash down the toilet and then SCRUB the carpet.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't feed your potty training toddler strawberries and burritos for 2 days straight.

16 SPLURTS:

JoMamma said...

Thanks for the pictures! You do have a talent for photography. Maybe these should go in your portfolio. Haha....

Shayleen Lunt said...

Gross! Hope those underpants weren't something you planned to keep.

Weight Family said...

Hmmm, I probably should have listened to the disclaimer. I would surely lose my cookies if this happened with my kiddo, guess Hunter is in diapers forever!

Fullmer Family said...

Wow, this is really getting my psyched up to potty train CJ!! I've been slowly starting the process...Any helps or ideas would be great... :) Seriously.

Nikki said...

grOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missionary mama said...

eeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

The Price Family said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww too. That is so nasty. I will take that tip in consideration when I start potty training Elizabeth....

Jo said...

Now this is pretty graphic! Maybe you should put a PG-13 or higher on this blog.

Ashleigh said...

When I have kids they are eating crackers the entire time I potty train them. Seriously. Holy cow! That's a LOT of poop! Haha.

big8smiley said...

AHHHHH! That is something I TOTALLY cannot handle. It is so disgusting! Potty training is seriously the very worst. I hope he gets it figured out soon, for your sake.

Just SO said...

Lovely. Ah the life of the mother of a toddler. It doesn't get much worse than days like today. I hope he gets the hand of the toilet soon.

Kahilau said...

Love it! I love that you took pictures and can not wait to see that scrap booking page. How funny, I get what you mean when you said that you could not think of where to start with the clean-up, I have so been there before. Good luck with potty training.

Ipo said...

Looks like fun! At work, things like this happen, but with adults. Luckily, all I have to do is call for housekeeping and they get to come and clean up. I have to say, though, your photography skills are quite top notch (in my unprofessional opinion). I especially like the one of Teddy on the toilet with the poop smeared on his leg. You catch every detail, don't you?! Ha!

jodi said...

I am totally feelin' for ya!!! I had the same experience with my Jayden yesterday.....but worse!!! Ugh!!! I just wanted to turn tail & run! The things we do as moms!!! I think that it is hilarious that you took actual pictures of it though!:) Gross!...but hilarious!:)

Carterista said...

My advise is to put him out in the yard instead of in front of the tv next time. Then, all you'll have to do is hook up the hose.

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to make diahhrea pictures professional and classy?