Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dear Diary,

Today I am going to a writing conference with my dear friend Peggy, who inadvertently or advertently used my maiden name in her upcoming great novel, hmmm....not sure if I should use her name too (insert evil laugh). I am so excited to go to this writing conference because since I was young, I have always prespired, no I mean, aspired, to write a Young Adult Novel.

I hope today that I will learn much more helpful tips to further the book that I am currently working on....please please please make it more than just a giant load of crap where all the characters have to die in the end because I can't think of anything better.

oh, and Dear Diary, for your eyes only, the theme of my outfit today is 'brown' nosing...I have the cutest brown top on, matched by brown shoes and a darling brown head band.

TTFN,

luv, erin

7 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

Hmmm, I don't know if I'd go with brown after your doggy day yesterday...ha ha!Good luck at your conference and when you make a million bucks like Stephenie Meyer, remember to dedicate your book to me and you can use my name as a (good) character, too.

Just SO said...

Have fun at your conference! I know you'll write a fabulous book someday and it won't even involve vampires or werewolves and all the characters will be awesome. And I'll be able to say...Yeah I knew her back when she went to pretend swinging Valentine's parties!

Ipo said...

Sounds like a fun day for you! Next time you tell us about your outfit, remember to post a picture of it!!

Junior and Marissa said...

I can only imagine that any book you write will not only be fantastic but incredibly original. Oh, and off of one of your old post, don't feel like a horrible parent for not having a spare change of clothes at the library. I have a very similar story. Mine involves IKEA, Brayden not lasting more than 20 min at the day care without an accident and having NOTHING for him to change into. Of course not wanting to make the trip for not I make a poor attempt to cover him while I quickly grab a few more finds. I didn't notice all the funny looks until one women gasped out loud and her friend burst out laughing. I look down to see Brayden spread eagle showing his stuff to the world. So I too am proud to say I have poor parenting skills and no social skills!

big8smiley said...

Cool! I love to write too, but children's stories. Hope you learned a lot of great tips. :)

Marcie said...

I can't wait to read your first book! I know it will be great. I wish that part of our major was to take a writing class for children's books. Maybe I'll just have to take one someday. How do you still do it all with four kids- one of them being a newborn? P.S. She is SO beautiful.

missionary mama said...

OMGoodness! You are one super woman who has so much to offer in this world! You've got so much talent! NOw you are in the process of publishing a book? Is there anything you can't do?

Oh, and you forgot to post a picture of your outfit!