Sunday, February 01, 2009

AND THE SECRET IS...

NIKKI IS HAVING TRIPLETS!!!

My 18months older than me, sister from North Dakota, who already has 4 children under the age of 7 just found out she is having triplets. HOLY STINKIN' COW! Right?!? I know. I was flabbergasted to say the least. What an exciting, scary, surreal, horrifying, joyous, anxiety-causing, beautiful BLESSING...yes, I say blessing.


A year ago, when we were down in the dumps (Mark was completely out of work and we were living on the good heart of Uncle Mastercard), I found out I was expecting a baby and felt DEVASTATED. I couldn't believe my misfortune. Mark, jobless and medical insurance-less, felt the burden of bringing another sweet spirit into this world. Our stress level rose 10 notches and the tension between us mounted. It was during that time that many friends and family members reached out to us, often leaving us bags of groceries or envelopes of money to help us through an extremely difficult time....(ok, sorry for the total sob story). Anyhow, what I thought was a terrible trial was actually the BEST BLESSING IN THE WORLD. I cant imagine living without my sweet Ruby (see here for a shameless plug on my Darling Baby Girl).


So, even though my sister has 4 wonderfully wild kids under the age of 7 and she will soon have 7 under the age of 7...WHAT A BLESSING!!!
(photo is taken by Carrie Sandoval...an excellent baby photographer)

19 SPLURTS:

A. said...

This is just unbelieveable. I already wrote on her blog, but I was trying to figure out where multiples were in teh family.
Crazy!! So awesome. Oh, and I totally just saw this woman at Disneyland the other day pushing the most up to date, compact triple stroller. I kept thinking, "If I had triplets, that would be the stroller for me." hahaha!

I am a mother! said...

Wow. Your sister must be an amazing woman b/c I'm sure Heavenly Father wouldn't bless her with triplets if she couldn't handle it.

I hope she is surrounded by tons of people who will support her and help her.

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Maman Pélissié said...

Wow- that really is wild. Bless her!

missionary mama said...

wow! that is amazing! Triplets!

Just SO said...

WOW! That is amazing.

And I loved your testimony yesterday.

Weight Family said...

WOW! That is an amazing, brave woman. I completely agree that trials turn into our hugest blessings.

Brooke said...

Holy crap...All I know is that once she gets over the shock (and the first year) she'll love it. I thought I was going to die with twins, and now I love it, LOVE IT!!! I hope she has a great support base with her ward/friends, she'll need it. At least with twins God also blessed me with two arms, I don't think your sister has three arms....yikes! :)

Kahilau said...

Bless her soul, I firmly believe that Heavenly Father only send multiples to the best and most together moms and then blesses them EXTRA! I am sure she is adjusting to this idea and that all will be perfect in their family.

Kayleen said...

That is wonderful news!! You'll have to photograph them for sure! :)

i'm erin. said...

Kahi-I totally agree, I never thought about it like that, but that is awesome. Nikki is a pretty good mom, always doing things for her kids...she will be great.

Kayleen-FOR SURE!

big8smiley said...

WHOA! I would FLIP OUT if I got that news for myself. Mostly I'd be freaking out, but it would be a neat experience too. She will love watching them grow up!

Shelby said...

I will try to remember that Nikki is your sister, and therefore a wonderful person so that I stop seething with JEALOUSY!!!!!!! Hahaha! I think that is so great. I can't wait to see pics! And here's to the babies being absolutely healthy and beautiful!

Haley Hale said...

First, I love the comment from Kahilau-especially being the mom of multiples myself (although I only have twins). I hope she will have some extra help-that made all the difference for me! I don't think I have ever met Nikki, but if she is anything like you, I am sure she will be great!

JoMamma said...

I'm in shock. My friend is having tree babies at once. Holly cow Three babies!

sanaejames photography said...

CCCCCRRRAAAAAZY luck isn't it? WHoa...she's a brave one!

Marcie said...

HOLY MOLY!!!

Marcie said...

What fun (and chaos in the beginning) for her family and the extended family. I have a friend with triplets and she has four kids total.

Bobbi said...

HOLY SHIT!!! (That's right...I said it. You can delete my comment if you want, but there's no gettin' around cussing on this one.) That is absolutely unbelievable!!! I'm speechless. Oh wow.... I need to call or email her right away. What news!!!

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...bobbi, you crack me up. that is totally what I said, you know I have the biggest potty mouth.