Friday, January 09, 2009

Forgetfulness?!?

All in one Day:

1. After working out, I took my bag out to my van and pulled the van up to the front of the rec center. I left it running as I ran back in to grab Teddy and Ruby. Ruby was crying when I picked her up from the daycare, so I sat down to feed her. 25 minutes later I realized my car was in front of the rec, still running, and unlocked with my purse in it!

2. I went to Costco because they have a new set of coupons out. After I spent an hour shopping for everything I needed, I took my items to the register. When it was time to pay and hand over the coupons I couldn't find them anywhere. I pleaded with the cashier, "I just had them. I walked all over the Costco finding the sale items and now I have lost my coupons!" He gave me a sideways glance, gestured towards my hand and said, "You mean the coupons you are holding?"

3. In the frying pan, I grilled up a crunchy bean and cheese burrito. I took it into the office and ate it as I blogged yesterday. 20 minutes later I noticed the house seemed really smoky. I walked back into the kitchen and found that I had left the burner on under the pan!

4. Because I had a class last night, I pulled a lasagna out of the freezer at 2 and popped it in the oven. I needed to take it out of the oven just before 4 because it would be done then and I could run the boys over to their chess class. At 4:35 I realized it was still in the oven.

5. At 7:30 at night as I drove home from my class I also realized that I forgot to take the boys to chess class at 4:00!

ASK THE AUDIENCE: Ever have a day like that? Or have you forgotten about it? hahahaha

12 SPLURTS:

Nick and Emily said...

looks like you got a case of the pregnancy brains! no worries though, i'm right there with ya. i feel like that every day, every second to be honest. BLAH!

Fullmer Family said...

Now that's the Erin I remember from High School. :) Ha ha, just kidding. Totally pregnancy brain! I have that all the time! :) I drive my hubby crazy!

JoMamma said...

Are you getting enough sleep? I love the Costco story that one is really funny.

Remember this will all pass. Once your kids have you committed someone else will be responsible for all of the important stuff and you can sit back and relax.

Kayleen said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has these kinds of days. I am ALWAYS searching for my sunglasses and they are on the top of my head. You'd think I'd remember by now. sigh
I feel like I'm losing my mind more and more from each baby I have. There's some positive thoughts to consider... My MIL and Mom both can sit down and watch a movie they haven't seen before and enjoy it all over like it's the first time; or wrap a present for themselves and be totally surprised when they open it 3 weeks later. ha ha
Makes life interesting and fun!

You're Fabulous!!

Kayleen said...

ha ha ....now I can't type

I meant "have seen" before on the movie info in my first post.

now I'm losing it.

Bobbi said...

I think we're on the same wavelength,Erin. We both lost our sons on the same day and now this. Yesterday I worked out at a friends house in the morning and took clothes with me so I could shower & change before going straight to the spa. I realized after my shower that I forgot to bring a bra to wear. Then I showed up at the spa at 10:00 only to find out that my appointment was at 9:00. On my way home I stopped for gas and put my wallet and iPhone on top of the car while I filled up. Sure enough iforgot about it and drove off without them.

Shayleen Lunt said...

That happened in one day? Maybe I'll stick to just three kids...sounds like four may be pushing it;)

Weight Family said...

I have days like that ALL the time... pregnancy for me. You sure your not preggers?

Carterista said...

Don't worry. You aren't pregnant. You just 30! LOL! LOL some more!

Dolly said...

I have now trained all of my family since the last few weeks we have had multiple episodes of me leaving food cooking on the stove and I am no where to be found. Now they know, when they see things on the stove and I'm not home, call me or just turn it off. Have you ever burned boiled eggs?

big8smiley said...

That's what the 4th will do to you!!!

Marcie said...

Erin, one of the many reasons you are so loved is because you are so REAL. You are not afraid to share days like these! I have had moments, but not a whole day- but I also don't have four kids! :P