Monday, January 12, 2009

WEEK 2: The Great Slim Down

So I am dying to know, HOW DID YOU DO?
Are you avoiding me and this question, or have you been checking my blog every hour waiting patiently for this post so you can share how you rocked it?
Either way, I want to hear how you did.

ME:
Monday - good, Tuesday - good, Wednesday - good, Thursday - ok, Friday - VERY VERY BAD, Saturday - bad, Sunday - who cares anymore.

There you have it, I admit it, I totally bit the dust on Friday. If it was there to eat, then I ate it. But I am going to tell you right now, I don't feel bad at all. Why? Well because the whole point of THE GREAT SLIM DOWN is to make a lifestyle change. I am not interested in dropping a few pounds, just to gain them back when I am no longer starving myself. This is not about unhealthy choices. THE GREAT SLIM DOWN is about being a better version of myself. It is about being healthier and happier.

MONDAY'S FIT TIP:
My one goal for this week is to do better than last week. Even if I bomb out 2 days this week, at least it is better than last week. Each week I simply want to make better choices than the week before. That is my quest for this week!

ASK THE AUDIENCE: How did you do last week, and what is your goal for this week?

11 SPLURTS:

Tiffany Chamblee Funn said...

I'm happy, happy, happy! My point value is 59 for last week. That includes the points for todays weigh in since I only count the weight once a week. I lost 9 lbs! Can you believe it! I'm very excited. I know it has to be mainly water, but I think my running, even if it's just a little is helping. I never cheated once on my eating plan. However I can definitely do better with the points, cause I didn't have enough water, take a vitamin, read my scriptures or do full 20 min of strength training. I've just been trying to work on situps and pushups. I still have TONS of weight to lose, but at least it's a start. I know my numbers will not even be close to this week. But I think it's what I needed to keep me from giving in!

Tiffany Chamblee Funn said...

I'm happy, happy, happy! My point value is 59 for last week. That includes the points for todays weigh in since I only count the weight once a week. I lost 9 lbs! Can you believe it! I'm very excited. I know it has to be mainly water, but I think my running, even if it's just a little is helping. I never cheated once on my eating plan. However I can definitely do better with the points, cause I didn't have enough water, take a vitamin, read my scriptures or do full 20 min of strength training. I've just been trying to work on situps and pushups. I still have TONS of weight to lose, but at least it's a start. I know my numbers will not even be close to this week. But I think it's what I needed to keep me from giving in!

Bobbi said...

I only worked out MWF, and one night I was behind on my water intake so I drank a full 32 oz after 7pm, meaning I had to get up like FIVE TIMES in the night to pee. I had a hard time saying no to sugar. In fact, there were only two days where I earned my "no sugar" point. However, since I had eaten so much junk over the holidays and hadn't worked out at all over Christmas break, I had gained a good five pounds and I somehow managed to lose four of them this week, giving me a total point value of 61....so even though I know I could've done better, I think I'm off to a pretty good start...

I am a mother! said...

I did well all week until yesterday when I atomic bombed it at my mom's house surrounded by 4 different kinds of Hershey kisses, German chocolate, and homemade caramels.

I got 56 points and didn't loose any weight (actually gained) but that's OK because I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing the PMS bloat. I've enjoyed having a reason to remember to take my multi vitamin and a reason to do some toning that I have normally neglected because I didn't see it as important as good cardio. I'm definitely feeling more toned.

Ipo said...

You know, I almost didn't come to your blog today because of my shame...but I'm glad I did afterall. Sounds like you and me had the same kind of first week, not that I'm glad you did as bad as I did, sort of. I'm kind of disgusted with myself. But, here I am, back to get on with this, to do better. Good luck to you(us) this week!!

A. said...

Oh man - I started last weekend out GREAT!! Then you started teh contest on Monday... lol From that point on I did awful. I haven't even added up my points yet. Actually, the eating part I did pretty good on, but the rest is a blur since I had a sick kid (and now two sickies) which had me sleeping upright on the couch to keep her upright as not to have vomiting coughing attacks and to prevent ear infections. I think I got 3 hours of sleep each night.. Zzzzz.......

None the less! I'm still working out, eating consciously, and now that sleep as resumed normally, I should do good this next week. :)

Just SO said...

I'm not doing this great slim down but I am working on being healthier. I did only have one caffeinated beverage last week and I went to Yoga three times and sledding on Saturday.

I've been marginally good with my eating. And I'm planning on coming to your class today.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I only gained 2 pounds this month and my doc wanted to see me gain 2-4. So I went to the Spaghetti Factory and gained it in one sitting.


...I know you are talkin' slim down but for the first time in my life, ME...the fat pig, has every right to gain weight and I can't. I eat food like nobody's business and now being prego with twins I have lost my appetite! What gives. Luckily, I only crave healthy crap. Life isn't fair.....

Haley Hale said...

I totally rocked it! I ran three mornings last week (at 6 am on the treadmill), drank more water than any one human should, and I lost almost three pounds. Also, the no eating after 7:30 thing has been hard but I have done it. I did not get my "no soda" and "no sugar" points, though. Baby steps. Very tiny baby steps!

Ashley said...

I did alright. But there is major room for improvement. So that is what I will be doing this week.

SummShine said...

Last week was really good, except for friday, which was spent doing nothing at all but resting. WHich then I guess means it was good Too!!!

Dave
I actually met all of my personal goals last week.