Monday, October 20, 2008

Did I mention I am having a GIRL?!?

hehehehehe...the best part about having a girl is decorating her room! I painted he walls an awesome light green that I found at Home Depot: Celery Sprig. Then I hung bright pink, with orange accent curtains, that are decoratively pulled back with giant bright orange Gerber daisies. I picked up some white furniture at yard sales and added room decor in bright pink. IN the lit up corner are 3 paper lanterns that are bright pink, orange and lime green in color. Then I added pillows around the room in the same three matching colors. The crib bedding is mostly pink with lime green accents. I have to admit, I had a lot of fun shopping for (at yard sales of course) and decorating her room. Oh, and if you wanted to know how much everything cost me, the grand total was: $135.00 (Yes, that includes all the furniture in the room...even the crib)




19 SPLURTS:

Karina B. said...

How freaking cute! I bow to your awesomeness in doing that room for so cheap! She is going to be one spoiled (in a good way) girl isn't she!!!

Jordan and Jandee said...

Erin this room is amazing! I especially love the mini vanity with the mirror....how cute is that?

Maman Pélissié said...

Love all of it....what about a name? Did you decide?

Rach said...

holy crap, when are you going to decorate my house!! so DARN cute!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! Sure makes me want a girl (someday, right). I can't believe how cheap you were able to get everything for - you sure have a talent for that! Can't wait for news on your little girl, she'll be here before you know it!

I am a mother! said...

Wow Erin. You have inspired me to try and be more frugal. The room looks so nice and all for under $200. Amazing!

Just SO said...

I love that room. Love it.

Yard sale diva I bow down to you.

Sarah said...

you are amazing. absolutely amazing.

Leslie said...

I'm driving over there sometime in the middle of the night to sneak in and steal it all. I might leave you the crib since I don't have a baby anymore but I'm taking everything else!

Why is it that I have had a girl for 4.5+ years and there still isn't a decoration in sight in there rooms. Well - two cute wall quilts (thanks to mom) but nothing, zip, nada, zilch else. I've got to get cracking on that before the girls graduate.

The Price Family said...

Oh her room is so cute!!! I can't wait to have a real home to paint. I miss you

Patria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patria said...

so funny i just saw an ad for male anatomy enlargement on your blog ads...(: wishing you well for the impending birth! the room is just darling! good color scheme. Is she Margot? - Patria

Bobbi said...

Have I mentioned how much I HATE YOU?? My poor daughter's room is still totally plain. No dresser. No shelves. No pretty walls. I have a purple checkered frilly thing over her window that my mother-in-law made...so not what I would have picked. Will you please come to my house and help me decorate? You really are amazing!

Ticklemedana said...

you are amaZing..LOL...

Carolyn said...

So cute!!! I am so happy you are finally having a little girl!

Haley Hale said...

Oh Erin! Her room is so adorable! Have I ever mentioned that I am so jealous of your ability to do such cute things-and it costing so little? In the words of Emma, "That is 'mazing!"

Kami said...

Very Nice! I absolutely love decorating little girl rooms. I'm glad you got your chance. It looks great.

Natalie. said...

LOVE IT!!!

Marcie said...

I am so excited for you to have a girl! You are so talented- everything looks perfect. Baby Girl Summerill will be the total princess. :)