Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sweet after the STORM!



My loving, still watches out for me, supportive father, recently brought home a 1/2 gallon of Dryer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Considering our recent 'employment' situation, he was so thoughtful to purchase this delight for me, knowing that I wouldn't spend the money on such a delicious dish right now. I took my Dryer's Mint Chocolate Chip Delight and shoved in the Freezer for safe keeping until I could dig into it with out the guilt of my own fitness competition eating away at me...I saved it for Sunday.


Sunday came and I waited until the kids were asleep (yes, this is because I didn't want to share my treat...what would you have done?) I pulled the Carton of Mint Chocolate Chip out of the freezer and noticed that it felt considerably lighter! What in the world?!? I pulled off the lid and stood shocked and ENRAGED! Less than 1 scoop remained at the bottom of the carton. LESS THAN A SCOOP!


Needless to say, Mark (my dear loving husband, who not so innocently ate almost all the delights of my ice cream loving heart) ate the contents of the ice cream container. I was so upset, and I let him know...and had I still been twelve, I would have pulled his hair, bit him on the leg and called him a 'butt hole'. But I didn't sink to those lows...just other adult lows.


Earlier today I spoke to a friend about this travesty in my life, and I do know how silly it is (to argue over a carton of ice cream). This awesome, sweet, great listener of a friend stopped by a few hours after our conversation with GOLD: Dryers Thin Mint Ice cream! I was utterly delighted, and I have to say, I do feel bad for being so mad at Mark. So the moral of the story is, if your husband eats your ice cream, try not to get so mad at him, but spend more time appreciating all the 'sweet' things that happen in life.

7 SPLURTS:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oooh...I would have been upset! After all the self-control, you got a tease of a reward!
I had to laugh at "butt hole"...I haven't heard that term in so long!
That ice cream does look delicious. Mint chocolate chip type icecreams are my downfall!

Bobbi said...

Sadly, I have heard the term "butt hole" fairly recently...OUT OF THE MOUTH OF MY OWN CHILD!!! I certainly hope you have learned your lesson and will eat your new carton of ice cream TODAY!!! (Wait until the kids are napping so you don't have to share...that's what I would do.)

Shelby said...

Your husband totally deserves a 1/2 gallon of ice cream every now and then.....he is a saint! That said, I would have been completely p.o'd because I didn't discover the missing frozen confectionary delight until Sunday, which meant I couldn't replace it until Monday!! And I don't waste expensive, "adult" treats on children.....that's what otter pops are for!

Just SO said...

I would have been mighty po'd as well! Especially since it's THIN MINT ice cream!!! What a good friend to bring that to you.

A. said...

Awww - see, now why don't I live next to you? That sounds SO good right now. :P Any art jobs in Utah?

Kahilau said...

What a great story. WE have all been there. I'm proud of you for not pulling his hair and biting his leg. Aren't thoughtful friends the best? My husband used to buy me whole packages of grasshopper cookies and I would eat the whole thing. Yummmmmmmmmmmmy

Kami said...

I think the real moral of the story should be "friends rule"...it is impossible to not get so mad over something like that. It was a true offense and he desevered what he got, if you ask me. :)

But what a pal you must have to truly fulfill all your worldly desires! Go friends! For understanding how far a little bit of icecream can go.