Monday, March 10, 2008

MONDAY'S FIT TIP MANIA

So, If I haven't lured you in to my GET FIT CHALLENGE with my nearly daily posts and oh, so, tempting prizes, than it is possible, you may just not want to join. I am fine with that, but you will still have to endure my endless 'fit' tips and ideas to enhance or just amuse yourself.

TIP OF THE DAY: Get a Good Laugh

They always say laughter is the best medicine (When I say, 'they' I am alluding to an omnipresent thought that has circulated through media or just my brain recently). I have to agree, LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE. I was thinking today about all the bizarre things that have happened to me in my life, and by far, THIS INCIDENT is one of the most bizarre...and funny. So, relax today, enjoy being you, and get a good laugh. Life is always a little more enjoyable when you can laugh!

Click Here

6 SPLURTS:

JoMamma said...

I can't wait to visit Hawaii. The people sound so nice, and the food... I'm going to book my vacation right away.

Somerset said...

I love fresh fruit and veggies, but they are so expensive! Any tips or ideas on how to get my 5 a day on a budget?

i'm erin. said...

I agree that fresh fruits and veggies can be very expensive. I watch the ads each week and then only shop at walmart, because they will price match to any add. In most adds you will find pretty good prices. A good tip is, write down what you want to eat each day, and then go shopping according to your menu list. That way, you wont over buy.

For the most part, baby carrots or bulk carrots are are great way to get a veggie in or even two servings. They are pretty well priced. I love regular carrots!

Kristen said...

Erin! I just found your blog, and I have to say that you are an inspiration my dear!! One question: You motivate so many people.. who motivates you??? Because I seriously have to tap into that! Answer me back on my blog! www.tuifua.blogspot.com
Anyway, thank you for the Challenge! Is it too late to sign up???
Love,
Kristen
PS: wonderful photography! (is there anything you can't do?? I love it!)
It's a bird, it's a plane.. no, wait.. it's Super Erin!

Bobbi said...

This is one of my favorite stories ever!! Thanks for reminding me about it. It is a gut-buster!!! (in more ways than one) One suggestion I have for getting fruit & veggies in on a budget is to buy them frozen. They're a lot cheaper than fresh fruits & veggies & just as nutritious! I've been making myself a lot of fruit smoothies lately with frozen strawberries & peaches. Very yummy!

Carterista said...

QUICK VEGGIE TRICK - (Erin, hope you don't mind if I add something)

One trick to getting in a quick serving of veggies is to drink a small can of V8. The large cans are are less expensive per ounce and they equal 2 servings. If you can't tolerate the taste, add it to soup or some other dish. I added Spicy V8 to my Taco Soup yesterday. Yummy!