Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Gimme Some CANDY!!!





If anybody knows me very well, they would know that my favorite food is candy, candy, candy. Sometimes I feel like Will Ferrell in Elf! Well, obviously now that I have kids of my own, I have really hit the jackpot on Halloween. hahahaha...just kidding....well kind of.
This year I didn't think we would have much luck because it was raining really bad, but about 4 in the afternoon, the rain let up, so we took the boys out about 5. While we were trick or treating, we met up with Sarah and Audrey (my cousin's wife and daughter) and Rachel and her daughters (my sister and kids). We on our second road the rain started to lightly drop and within 2 minutes we were caught in a full down pour. Luckily we were 1 block from Rachel's house so we headed back. But by the time we got back, I was soaked, the boys were soaked, Mark was dry...hmmm...but I managed to keep the baby dry. Unfortunately the boys only had gotten a little bit of candy, so after we dried off and changed, I let the boys do a few more homes. Literally we only went to 6 more homes, but I think they felt bad for the boys and so they loaded the boys up with candy! I think the boys brought more home this year than any other year! What a great come back!

4 SPLURTS:

Pop said...

Hey, Teddy looks great in the Pumpkin outfit. That was cute about your trick o treat experience. They should have come to our home. No one came, even to our street. It was weird. Anyway, I'm glad the boys had a good time and they look great in the outfits.

Nikki said...

I love Teddy's pumpkin. He'd fit right into our patch. I've decided next year that we're handing out candy for the first hour and going out the second. That way we'll get rid of the candy we're passing out to trick-o-treaters and then we'll get all the houses where people realize no one else is coming and give the kids lots. But poor Ethan and Gabby froze! It was 1 degree with windchill when we got back in.

Leslie said...

We got lots of good candy too - lots of chocolate this year, yum! (but not good for my points cause most of those little bars are 2 to 3 each!) Anyway, then we did our street after trunk-or-treat and got more, along with a lame religious anti-Halloween comic with crazy devil worship and cat sacrifice pics in it from our freaky neighbors. Yeah - that'll convert us to the evils of Halloween.

Jesse said...

SO CUTE!!! Love the costumes!!!