Friday, December 09, 2005

When it rains it pours...

Most of us know the old adage, "When it rains it pours," well I recently had an unpleasant run-in with the phrase. The week before Thanksgiving I got a blister on the back of my heel because I was wearing a pair of shoes that were a bit tight. After a day or so, the blister popped and then became infected because my running shoes irratated area. The area swelled up and was tender, but after a few days of just wearing slippers and using neosporin, my heel healed.
Then a few days after Thanksgiving break, I started feeling achey. My aches and pains turned into a terrible case of fever, aches, sore throat and just being uncomfortable. In fact, my fever got so high last Friday, that the principal of my school sent me home. After a few days of staying home, and resting I started to feel better.
Unfortunately that only lasted about 24 hours. A day later I started feeling feverish again! Within the next few days my fever was accompanied with extreme nausea and aches and pains. I went from a severe cold to what I thought was the stomach flu. I was nauseated for this entire week. I decided if it didn't pass by the end of the week I would see the doctor.
On Thursday, I awoke with the same symptoms and to my surprise, the sore I had on the back of my foot from three weeks earlier was red, swollen and irritated. As the day progressed my sore more than tripled in size and took on a yellowish tint. By the time school ended, my sister Rachel helped me realize I needed to see the doctor.
I was able to list off to the doctor my list of afflictions from the last few weeks. He gave me a look like, "and your only coming to me now" which I then explained that I didn't think anything was more than a little virus. Well he had to use liquid freeze to "numb" up my foot...which didn't actually numb anything but it felt extremely uncomfortable being poured over my entire foot. He then sliced open my heel wound and was shocked when only blood and lots of it came gushing out. He said he had expected to see puss, but was going to do a culture. In addition to the culture, the nurse took a blood test. The nurse also had a difficult time finding my vein, so after she poked my left side she had to poke my right side. After the blood test, I was given a flu shot in my right arm and my foot was bandaged up and I was prescribed an antibiotic. Then I had to wrestle down both of my boys so they could have their flu shots. After that ordeal, I had to hop to my car with two screaming boys behind me.
I feel much better today even though I had to get a Hep B shot in my other arm today because they are required at my school to get and today so happens to be the one day that the nurse from the district would come to give them.
So today I went back to the doctor and he told me that I have one of the nastiest staff infections he has seen in a long time and it is traveling in my blood system and that is why I have been nauseated, not because of the flu!
After being sliced open and poked in a variety of places with different needles you might understand better why I dislike going to the doctor.


Nikki said...


Leslie said...

That's scary cause Staf infections can be super serious! Hope you are all better now.

Dakrat said...

Yeah, and it's also scary because eww!

aisyahputrisetiawan said...

I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Leher
Pengobtan Diabetes Herbal
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Cara Mengobati Penyakit
Obat Alami Untuk Ibu Hamil Yang Aman
Obat Diabetes Melitus
Obat Tradisional Tumor Parotis
Obat Kanker Rahim Herbal
Obat Wasir Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Tumor Bibir Atau Mulut Yang Alami