Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas Shopping

As many of you may well know, I am an avid yard saler. And lucky for me, I live in a world of year round yardsales! This last weekend we tried to get the boys in the Christmas spirt by giving them each a dollar and we sent them off to buy Chirstmas presents for each other. They were really excited about the venture and each one set off to find a treasure. Yes, they found lots of interesting odds and ends treasure, but neither one of them wanted to buy it for the other one. "I want this for me," they cried. In the midst of my frustration, I was reminded of the time I bought some candy for (I think) Nikki. I wrapped the candies in a purple and white bandana and then wrapped the present. As Christmas drew closer, I realized that I wanted the gift for me and I would daily poke at the gift. The hole I poked grew bigger until I was able to sneak out some of the candy. I can't remember all of the details, but I remember Nikki getting upset because I ate almost her entire gift. After that my memories are vague and all mesh together into an eating wonderland...but I do remember getting in trouble. Ahh...such fond memories of Christmas.

1 SPLURTS:

Nikki said...

You owe me! haha jk! I don't remember it like that-- unless you're talking about a different Christmas. I remember one Christmas really wanting to keep the gift I bought you, and you really wanted to keep the gift you bought me, and it turned out to be the same thing.