Friday, October 26, 2012

secret 29 of 100

I loved Sesame Street. Remember when Cookie Monster and the letter of the day? Greatest part of my morning routine. Mostly I loved how the letter popped up in the episode in the most unusual places. It was inspiring, to say the very least.

Not only did I learn my letters, but I developed a love for the letter E because E is for Erin, it's good enough for me, Erin. Erin. Erin. Erin...

I digress. That wasn't the secret.

This is. My secret is:

I mark my territory.  


Not like a dog peeing on the neighbor's tree, but more like Cookie Monster and his letters all over Sesame street.

Example: 
1. I shaved an E into my Dad's golden retriever. Down to the skin, the marking spanned the dog's entire back. It was awesome for about 60 seconds. Then Dad yelled my name from the opposite side of the house, and well the awesomeness was not so much.

2. When my parents forced me to mow the lawn, which I loathed, I mowed all but a massive 4 foot E in the middle of the lawn. That'll teach them! (I don't think they got the message because they kept having me mow the dang lawn.)

3. There may or may not be public city property that contains my initials, carved deeply in the surface. I'm not admitting to anything here people. I'm just saying.

4. (This is my last admission. Please don't share this with my Mom, lest I be grounded)
My high school principal's name was Eris. She had the loveliest notepad shaped in the letter E. Feeling a bit clandestine, I once snuck into her office and stole part of the pad of paper. I was weak. I left E notes all over my friend's lockers. I still have one piece left.

So basically the moral of the story is this, if I've been to your house, your car, or maybe even your workplace, there could be an E in the most unlikely places. (Insert laugh of pure evilness).

Are you territorial too?


22 SPLURTS:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not sure which story is funnier - the dog or the lawn!
Not obsessive over the letter A, but I do think it's cool when someone uses Alex as a character's name.

Kristine said...

I do actually. I love the letter K for that reason. When I was little, our close family friends moved to a smaller house in Las Vegas for a job and had us keep their piano for them while they were gone. On the underneath side of the keys I carved my sister Janet's name because I didn't want to get caught but I wanted to carve on it so bad. My parents immediately knew it was me. I still don't get why, it said Janet! Anyway, I still feel bad about it because I would die if my kids did that to someone else's piano!

Jessie Humphries said...

Everyone in my family has a J name, so this wouldn't have worked for me. Also me and my sister have the same exact initials (JAC). But she liked to write her full name on everything she owned. Even underwear!!! I didn't have a problem sharing underwear apparently back then.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I may have used a fork to mark my indentations into the kitchen table...twice.

prerna pickett said...

my initials are PP...do with that what you will.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Ha ha ha! Hilarious! My initials were CW. My sisters and mom had the same initials as well. I do have a soft spot for the letter C though. ;)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love you, Erin.

That is all.

Jennie Bennett said...

I had the same problem as Jessie, no seriously I did. except for the underwear thing. I love the lawn story, I might do that someday :)

Emily R. King said...

I, too, have a special place in my heart for the letter "E." Though I've never liked Sesame Street. I dunno why, just not my thing. I was a sophisticated kid. I preferred Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :)

Iain said...

I can't say I'm teritorial.
I can identify with the lawn though. I moved a crop circle in my friends lawn and it took 3 years to grow out :os

ilima said...

I loved Sesame Street. I watched it until I was way too old to admit I still watched it. :)

I'm not territorial, but if there is anything with my name on it, I have to have it, since it's so rare. A friend in high school stole a street sign once for me. It's hanging in my garage right now. :)

Jaime Morrow said...

This is hilarious! Especially the lawn part. :P As for Sesame Street and Cookie Monster: liked the show, but found Cookie Monster so wasteful with those cookies. They were always flying out of his mouth (because he was a puppet, but still. :)

Julie T. said...

Jessie Humphries... You lie! I did not write my name on my underwear. That would just be silly. Just on everything else I owned:)

Shallee said...

Ba ha! I used to write my name on my food in the fridge in college, mostly so roomies wouldn't steal it.

I did once know a guy who was so hairy, he shaved a Christmas tree into his chest hair for Christmas. Not initials, but still, it was...impressive.

Delia said...

I used to initial people's bathroom tile using the corner of a dry bar of soap. No permanent damage and mostly they never noticed. Now that I think about it, though, it was an odd thing to do.

Also, I'm totally naming a character Eris now.

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Ha ha! I love your stories!

I once shaved my initials into my husband's leg hair... that's about it though. /tmi (I won't tell you where on the leg, ha!)

Cassie said...

I hated sesame street growing up, all of my sisters did and I'm hoping to pass this dislike on to my children. Sorry. Those things were scary!

Cassie said...

I hated sesame street growing up, all of my sisters did and I'm hoping to pass this dislike on to my children. Sorry. Those things were scary!

Anonymous said...

You're GROUNDED!

Sara B. Larson said...

I love that of all things you could have stolen, you went for part of a notepad. Very secret agent of you. ;)

Angela Cothran said...

I wondered who sharpied the bottom of my purse. Now it all makes sense :)

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Kurang Tidur Dapat Sebabkan Diabetes Dan Obesitas
Batu Empedu Datang Setelah Melahirkan? Ini Penyebabnya
Cara Alami Membuat Luka Caesar Cepat Sembuh
Sayuran Mengandung Serat Tinggi Baik Bagi Penderita Wasir
Buah Buahan Yang Mengandung Banyak Antioksidan
Manfaat Perawatan Susu Bagi Kesehatan Kulit Wajah Anda