Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Five: Writers

It started with a bang, my Friday Five.
But then winter hit and it took a dive.
I stopped rhyming and my life turned gray.
It's clear now I need to spout lyrics every day. 

This Friday's post is about Writers I like. 
I'll start with Tehereh Mafi, who wrote about a psych....o
Her main character was in a mental institution, 
But when she met hottie-o-soldier, she found restitution. (No judging, it's a good rhyme.)

Then there's Marissa, who wrote the book Cinder, 
A fractured fairytale about a girl who never carries tinder, 
But instead works as a mechanic on robots and junk,
She's smart, and pretty, but her foot is a piece of clunk. 

I'm excited about Unearthly author, Cynthia Hand.
She finally wrote the sequel, Hallowed, and it's on my bed stand. 

Then there's an veteran, Mrs. Lois Lowry
Author of The Giver, her writing is clean and not flowery.

Last I love a newbie, who'll be publishing next year,
Peggy Eddleman is her name, go give her a cheer!

20 SPLURTS:

Cristina said...

Love your rhymes! so glad you are BACK!

I wasn't a fan of Shatter Me.. gasp.. I KNOW! I know.

BUT I can't wait to read Cinder and I am so excited Hallowed is FINALLY out!

David P. King said...

Yay for The Giver love! One of the three books that got me started writing! :)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

You are so freaking cute. :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

You, my lady, are a wordsmith. I'm pretty excited for Peggy as well!

Kristine said...

I still haven't read the giver... I need to get on that!

Shallee said...

Ha! You're too cute. :)

All books I love, or want to read! Can't wait to see Peggy's on the shelf.

Tara Tyler said...

sweetness!
and shatter me & cinder (<3 the cover!) are on my tbr list =)

Jay Noel said...

Fantastic - thanks so much for including The Giver.

I was thinking the only books you like have hot chicks represented on the cover (which is not a bad thing).

Ya-hoo! Your lyrics are so fun.

Patti said...

Awesome rhymes. Maybe all book covers should be in verse.

Leigh Covington said...

Whoot-whoot! Totally fabulous rhyming for the Friday Five and I'm digging all the authors and books! They freaking rock!

Have a sunshiny weekend! HUGS!

Ruth Josse said...

Now you must do every Friday Five in rhyme. Because I love it.

Peggy Eddleman said...

That rhyme was THE BOMB. Loved it!! And not just because I was there. Although, holy frijole. That was pretty awesome. And strange. And so sweet! You rock my world, Erin.

Iain said...

I’ve missed your Five that you post each week,
After five days of work, I know there’s a treat.
Your rhymes may be dodgy, once in a while,
But with each one, it brings a smile.

I’m glad that you’re back to the old you,
And hope it’s only the cold that’s turning you blue.
Your book list has helped me get some things sorted,
And when Peggy is published, I’m getting it imported!

i'm erin. said...

Iain. I love you, and not just because you are from England.

Elana Johnson said...

I still need to read CINDER so bad!

And dude, I expect you to talk in rhyme next time I see you. For realz.

Jennie Bennett said...

Your blog is so not Ghetto! and I'm planning on reading Shatter Me, very soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh you're awesome. You're so great. and...I love your poems.

BECKY said...

Hi Erin! So cool to see you mention Peggy Eddleman. I'm so excited for her, 'cause she's such a neat gal.
Thanks for stopping and commenting on my Maxine post. I'm replying to comments by e-mail now, but I don't have yours. Please send it, if you'd like. My e-mail is in my Profile. Have a great weekend!

Leslie said...

The Giver is one of THE best books ever! I don't know how I made it into adulthood without having read it but I'm so glad I finally did last year.

I'll have to check out the others on your list. And I'm so excited to read Peggy's book when it comes out!

Sophia Chang said...

I recently won the first two - can't wait to read them! Well actually I got Cinder on audiobook so I hope the narrator's good - that can sometimes influence the book...in a less than positive way...