Monday, November 21, 2011

secret 16 of 100.

My secret is all about my friend today.
I have this unbelievable, amazing friend who's funny and caring and smart and determined. And I can't imagine how my life would be without her. Three years ago we decided to start out on a trek together in writing. We took a class together, we started a writer's group, we attended conferences . . . and we wrote and wrote and wrote . . .

And I knew this day was coming. She trusted me not to say a thing even though it was bursting out of me in every way. But I did it, I kept my lips sealed until the day I could finally say:


My secret is: my FRIEND is going to be published. 

(Click the link to find out who I'm talking about!)

30 SPLURTS:

Cristina said...

Peggy is awesome and I'm so excited for her.
amazing!

Jennie Bennett said...

I saw that! It is totally awesome!! What a great secret! :)

Emily R. King said...

Isn't it exciting? Peggy is such a hard worker. I wish the best for her. I know she's going to rule the world with her awesomeness!

prerna pickett said...

yay, how awesome!

Angela Cothran said...

That is so exiting for Peggy...well really all of us, because now we can read her book :)

Melissa Sarno said...

That's a fun secret to have. And how amazing you guys have shared this journey together :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love secrets... Now I'm off for an adventure!

Faith E. Hough said...

I read her announcement this morning...so exciting!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And that's always a joy to see a friend achieve her dream!

Jessie Humphries said...

Ur next girl!

Abby Fowers said...

I saw this! Oh my gosh, I am so stoked for her! And I'm way jealous that you get to know her "for reals." Love it! Congrats to PEGGY!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

SO excited for Peggy! :D

Sarah Tokeley said...

I love love love stories like this!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Awww, thanks Erin! I like being your secret. :)

WilyBCool said...

Very Very Kewell!

Maggie said...

That's really wonderful. So do you mean like real-life friends? I have this faulty idea that no one in the writing blogosphere REALLY knows each other. Yay for her!

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Oh wow! And SARA CROWE of all people? She's an amazing agent!! I'm jealous!

You're up next, Erin!

Kristine said...

WOO HOO!

BECKY said...

I am such a dip. I've been by Peggy's blog at least twice today and left a comment...and when I read your post just now, did I even think for a minute you might be referring to her?? NO! But, in my defense, I didn't know you two were friends, either.

Patti said...

That's so exciting for Peggy. It's good to have such good friends.

Sara B. Larson said...

I didn't see this post yesterday, but I saw the PM announcement today and I thought, "hey, isn't that Erin's friend Peggy?" I was right! So awesome!!

i'm erin. said...

Becky, you crack me up! I'm glad you came by today.

Shallee said...

Yay for Peggy! Love it when friends have good news. :)

Alexis Bass said...

Oooooo I saw that!!! That is AMAZING! SO exciting!!

Stacy Henrie said...

So, so awesome! I'm very excited for Peggy.

Precy Larkins said...

So cool for Peggy! (I just came here after visiting Jessie's blog so I already knew the news)

Congrats, Peggy!

DEZMOND said...

I don't know her, but I heard the buzz that she is being published by Random House :)

Nikki said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for her! That's fantastic news! RANDOM HOUSE!!!! WOWZERS!

Donna K. Weaver said...

That is so awesome for Peggy.

David P. King said...

Hey! I already knew that secret! ;)

Again, congrats to Peggy!