Sunday, May 08, 2011

two loves.

First, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's out there. I can't say enough good things about my own mother and the many women in my life that have raised and supported me throughout the years. I'm truly blessed by their influence, and grateful for all that these wonderful women do for me.

Second, because it's Mother's Day, which essentially means MY DAY, then I figured there could be no better way to celebrate today than by posting about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Yeah, you get the pic. I'm slightly self-centered.

Regardless, I want to share with you what I did this last weekend. I went to the 2011 LDS Storymaker's Writing Conference. And I attended as the "Official Photographer." No joke. That was my title. You know, I dab in photography now and then.

Besides hearing amazing speakers like (prepare for unbelievable name drops): Janette Rallison, Agent Sara Crowe, Agent Sara Megibow, Agent Becca Stumph, Josi Kilpack, Tristi Pinkston, Elana Johnson, Larry Brooks, James Dashner, Sarah Eden, Clint, Tyler, Brothers: Rob and Dan...notice how I'm dropping to a first name basis like we're total besties. Yeah, we pretty much are.

Ok, don't go asking them or anything. They might be modest and act as though we've never really met. But trust me, we have met and we are BFF'S.

The point of my endless self-enduldged monologue is that while I was there I shot lots of people's pictures. Basically I was in a semi-heaven with the combination of my two hobby loves in life: writing and shooting. Learning to write (because apparently I haven't figured this one out yet) and shooting lots of name-droppable people made me feel happy and warm inside. I don't have time to share much, but here are some pics I nabbed of two of my favorite ladies.

Happy Mother's Day!
luv, erin

The famous Tristi Pinkston:


The amazing Shari Bird:

6 SPLURTS:

Melinda said...

Love those pics! I can't wait to see more. So glad to meet you! Hope we can run into each other again soon. Good luck with your writing!

i'm erin. said...

Melinda! I already FB-stalked you and twittered you! ha. I wish we lived closer and we could all get together for writing parties.

Sara B. Larson said...

Sounds like it was an awesome weekend. SO sad I missed it. :(

Kayleen said...

sounds like a perfect weekend! nice pictures! came by to see you but now i know where you were! :)
Love ya Erin!

Shari said...

Oh my gosh! You are one of my favorite ladies, too! Sweet!

Peggy said...

Haven't figured out writing yet? Pfft. Whatev. That's kinda like saying you haven't figured out photography yet.