Monday, March 21, 2011

popcorn and parties

Every year March rolls around and my stomach clenches in knots. You see, I lucked out in the birthday department. My oldest two boys are born 2 years and 4 days apart. So every other March (we have friend's parties on the even years), I get to throw one wildly enormous party or two parties 4 days apart. Neither option thrills me, but this year I opted for the easy route.

Two parties. Both a trip to the movie theater so my house stay's intact.

A Movie Party! Easy right? Well, not so much. Herding 15 kids to the movie theater and back wasn't my finest mommy moment. I'll spare you the details, but I will share my one epiphany of the week. In photoshop I made these nifty popcorn invitations, and then I googled popcorn cupcakes and came up with a plan to make what you see below. If you like it, let me know and I'll be glad to pass along the party invite in a digital file.

Oh, and if you want to check out my George-a-pie's pics, they're up on my photo blog:


6 SPLURTS:

Shari said...

Those are soooo cute. I expected nothing less from the uber-talented Erin.

Kristine said...

Those look awesome! Dang!

Peggy said...

Wow, Erin. Those look fabulous!!

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tammy said...

Dang cute. Excellent job Erin-I'm a little jealous those didn't come from me!

Nikki said...

So how did you make them?