Wednesday, December 08, 2010

concrete jungle where dreams are made...

This past weekend, Mark and I went with the lovely Bjarnsons of the Pleasant Grove Bjarnsons to New York City. And I'll say, we took the city by storm...or, by foot. We walked all over Manhattan. Which was a good thing for two reasons. 
1. It helped off-set all the glorious food I shoved into my body over the course of 48 hours (see image below.)
2. NYC taxis and I do not get along so well. Motion sickness is never fun to experience when you're trying to take in the sights and smells of the big apple. (Why is it called that again? I didn't find anything apple-ish about New York.)

Being in New York during the Holiday season was exciting-cold-busy-body-to-body-packed raging fun! We went to Carmine's for italian, Junior's for cheesecake, Carnegie Deli for pastrami and corned beef, and Macaron Cafe for Macaron (yes, that's Macaron and not macaroon. So different, and so so so much better...I'm craving these delights!)

Times square, Rockefeller Plaza, Central Park, 5th Ave, Empire State Building, and (one of my favs) the MET!


 I'm so grateful for the wonderful friends that we have. We had such a blast seeing New York with the Bjarnsons and kicking it at the Kaskade concert. Believe me, Tracy and I were the modest-hottest women there. And I was dancing like it was 1999 and I was still cool.


But my favorite evening was when we ate at Joe's Pizza in Greenwich Village. I feel a bit cooler because it's supposed to be Ben Affleck's favorite pizza place in all of NYC and, as you can see from the picture below, Tracey and I became instant bffs with the guys from Joe's.
I heart NEW YORK!

And last, but certainly not least, here is a little video of us in Central Park:

9 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

Love the fedora, but your moves are questionable.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha loving the dancing Erin!
Looks like an awesome time in NYC.
I especially like Mark's one armed robot - so talented he only needs one arm to pull it off haha.
Miss you guys!

Tuks.

Jessie Humphries said...

You guys dont mess around! Where did this trip to NYC come from? I wanna be like you...

Shari said...

It looks like you had altogether too much fun. I'm a tad jealous. I've wanted to go to New York for forever.

Rachey-Foo said...

we have never done NYC and we SOOOOO need to. i loved this!! thx for sharing! :)

laninaki said...

I LOVE the cheesecake at Junior's. I'm so jealous right now.

Just SO said...

And again I ask...why not the yoga teacher???

kellieanne said...

Tracy was Sammy's soccer coach this year. It looks like you guys had fun. NY is an experience!

.kai. said...

this made me MISS NEW YORK!!! so much fun! i want to go back and visit and bring john with me.