Friday, April 16, 2010

Rue and Bear : Photography Tips for Kids

1. Have an assistant. I've been trying for weeks now to get a good shot of Ruby, but that squirrly girl won't have nothing to do with it. Every single time I get the camera out, push out my light and prop her little buns on a chair she starts screaming. Luckily for me, Shanna from JUST SO stopped by. She helped me wrangle in this wild one for some cute shots. Without her, Ruby just might have escaped yet another day of picture taking.


2. Use Candy. Candy works wonders, believe me, I know. If you tempted me with a box of Hot T's or some M&M's, I'd probably do whatever you wanted...well you know what I mean. In the first shot Ruby is looking at the candy, and in the second shot, she's kissing Teddy so she can get her piece of candy. 
3.  Shoot in Continuous focus on your Auto Focus or switch to manual. It takes to long for your camera to lock on a target when they're all squirrely, so make it easier on yourself.  Continuous shooting is the way to go!

To find out more random photography tips, you can always check my photo blog: www.erinsummerillphotography.com/blog

Or take a class from me.  Email for more info.

4 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

They turned out fabulous!! Glad I could help.

Cruise to the Max said...

That is the cutest little girl I have ever seen and what an awesome picture. That is our Siss. Such a cutie. I am so lucky. Teddy is her favorite person to give kisses too. Thanks for the pictures Erin.

Melony said...

But the M&M's would need to be separated according to color, RIGHT??? ;) Cute pics Erin! I can't believe how big she is getting!!!

Unknown said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan