Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weird. There is no other word for it.

Last night I read Keeping the Moon, by Sarah Dessen. 

I think it was good.  See, the thing of it is (notice my usage of this wonderful Utah-ism) when I got to chapter 7, I kept reading.  Sure I know that's not wierd.  At least, it wasn't until I got to chapter 7 again. 

Say What?  (That's what you're saying)  I read up til chapter 11 and halfway through it I realized that I was reading the same thing I read in chapter 7.  At first I thought, is this some weird alternate reality book?  But then I distinctly remembered it being in the Teen Romance genre.  So, the only weirdness should come from the main character, or the typical mean girl, or the awkward boy.  Right? 

Quickly, I flipped through the book and realized two things:

1.  Chapters 7,8,9 were printed twice and inserted in the book where three other missing chapters should have been.
2.  There was no chapters 4, 5, 6 because they were the missing chapters.

What did I do?  Kept on reading.  By the end of the story, there was one sub-plot that didn't make sense, but other that, I think I got it.  So, as I was saying earlier, I think it was good.

8 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Look at your cool new header!!!

And that isn't just weird that is bizarre.

Julianne said...

That is weird. And it's a shame, too, because I liked that book. You should contact the publisher and have them send you a complete book for free.

Kristina P. said...

That's the measure of a great book. You can skip whole chapters and still know exactly what is going on!

The Dixon Family said...

I think it's funny you kept reading anyway. You needed your reading fix.

Allyson Condie said...

That happened to me with The King of Attolia! (I know, the sacrilege!) I couldn't keep reading. I had to wait and get another copy from Amazon.

Peggy said...

Yep. "Weird" is the word I'd use, too. Then I'd use "Dang it."

sanaejames photography said...

That same thing happened to me when I read eclipse from the twilight series. I was thinking that I had read the same thing over and over, and realized that my book had inserted a bunch of old chapters. I guess it happens sometimes....that's funny it happened to you, too!:)

Stacey said...

Erin this is hillarous! I would have definitely stopped and gotten another book...I'm OCD like that!