Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sad to Admit it.

Last night, as I scrambled to finish gifts and treats for friends and family, I realized that I hadn't yet printed a picture to put in the nice frame I purchased for Mark's dad.  The computer was already on, so it was a snap to pull up bridge and scan the thousands and THOUSANDS of pictures I took over this last year. 


Picture after picture passed before my eyes. 


NO, I realized with horror. 


In the entire year of 2009 my family has only taken one picture of  us all together.  That's right folks.  Just one.  Awesome, I know. 


The ironic thing is, there is an amazing photographer that I did trade work for who is waiting to take our picture. But, sadly I still have not made time.  Gulp.


So, I printed that dang picture, where the boys have their eyes closed, I look like a Plyg wife and Mark a surfer bum and I placed it in the fine Kohl's frame.  After wrapping it up, I delivered it with pride, knowing full well that next year there WILL be more than one picture to choose from.   








Merry Christmas, luv erin

9 SPLURTS:

Kayleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayleen said...

Hilarious! Isn't that the photo I took of you guys? The one you took of us at the waterfall that day was our only family photo for 2009.
I'm supposed to submit a profile picture for my work and I don't have one. Maybe I should just send the snapshot of me standing in my kitchen with messy hair eating an entire pie. That would be lovely!
Hopefully 2010 will be better - photo wise.
Merry Christmas Erin!!

Kristina P. said...

That seems to be a common theme with photographers.

Merry Christmas!

Shari said...

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't get the whole family in a picture.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

muggins mahooney said...

I feel your pain. My girls never get a cake made by me. They always get something nasty from the bakery.

muggins mahooney said...

I feel your pain. My girls never get a cake made by me. They always get something nasty from the bakery.

A. said...

hahaha! That almost looks like a set up picture. j/k

I was thinking several times over the last couple days that our family needs to get in all the same picture together at some point.

Daisy said...

Erin that stinks! Sorry! Give us a call whenever you're ready! P.S. I used your pictures you did for us as gifts and everyone loved them!
Wish we could've done the same for you :(

Lindsey said...

I love that! And you don't look like a Plyg... Your capris would cause an uproar because your ankles are showing.