Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm so Vain

I really think it's funny when I take a picture of someone, and later that someone responds by telling me how vain they feel about the picture. I take this to mean the picture was so freaking awesome that they can't stop looking at it . . . well, I really haven't had that problem myself - looking at myself in pictures.
See, to be honest, I don't like pictures of myself. I try not to step in front of the camera unless one of the models I had scheduled for a shoot is a no show. Then of course I have to be the model. And those poor students.
I'm the worst in front of the camera. I blink a lot, I have my one perfected pose (which screams UNNATURAL), and I have a lot of distracting moles. So shooting me can be difficult.

Today Mark (hubby photog in training) shot me sitting on a park bench with my sweet Ruby. It may be that Ruby brings out the best in me, or I have finally disowned my one perfected pose, but I tend to think Mark's picking up photography like a pro. I love this shot so much.

Like other people I've shot, I now feel vain because I can't stop looking at myself.

20 SPLURTS:

Marcie said...

Gorgeous picture of your girls, Mark! :)

Kayleen said...

L O V E IT :)

Kristina P. said...

Well you are gorgeous! You should be in the front of the camera more often!

Julianne said...

I love it too! You're just radiant and Ruby is like your mini-gorgeous-twin. Way to go Mark!

Peggy said...

That's cuz you are so dang pretty!

And what's this about you not liking to step in front of a camera? Who are you and what did you do with Erin?

missionary mama said...

beautiful! Great job Mark!

Weight Family said...

Love that picture! You are a super pretty girl. PS- Kennedy thinks that moles on the face are the definition of beauty. She wants one SO bad.

tammy said...

You should love it! I love almost every picture of myself! (because they are so few & far between--) Mark is getting really good! Do you think he would come take pictures of our baby being born?

JoMamma said...

Erin you better watch out Mark is some serious competition. You look beautiful.

Cruise to the Max said...

Tammy, I am totally there for you.

Just SO said...

You are not vain just beautiful.

Sara said...

What a beautiful picture! You are gorgeous and so is Ruby. I'd keep staring at it too! ;-)

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

I would stare at it too....You both look gorgeous!

i'm erin. said...

Tammy! ha ha...first I laughed and then I prayed - that you will have the baby before I go to New Zealand and I can be (a quiet) photographer for you.

HAPPY DAYS said...

geart picture mark erin you look way good! and she is a CUTIE PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like mommy love you guys. alaina.

Asenath said...

oh Erin, you are beautiful! and not just in this photo... :)

also, Ruby is the cutest baby ever.

Ticklemedana said...

I would too if I were as gorgeous as you and if I had a daughter just as beautiful! great picture.

Allyson Condie said...

So beautiful! Gorgeous picture of two gorgeous girls.

Carterista said...

Everyone deserves a picture of themselves that they love. Glad you have yours. And Ruby is growing up beautifully, too.

A. said...

it IS a great picture! Your skin looks flawless! Not to mention Ruby being absolutely adorable as usual.