Saturday, July 11, 2009

WORK IT...Photography Workshop.


This next week I am holding a Outdoor Portrait Lighting Workshop. As a wedding and portrait photographer, early evening lighting is my best friend.

What: I will be teaching a 2 1/2 hour course on outdoor lighting that will encompass: back lighting, artistic haze, sun starring, silhouettes, and beauty of blown out. The class will meet at an outdoor location and will be hands on shooting. In addition, for those of you who may have missed a class, the first 45 minutes of the class will be a mini-review, extensive camera overall, HDR, and exposure necessities. I will have an extensive handout and a mini review at the start of the class to refresh your portrait skills.

When: Thursday, July16th

Where: An outdoor location in Pleasant Grove . . . TBA.

More: You will need to have a portrait lens. If you are shooting with a full frame camera then you will need at least a 70 mm range. If not, you can use a 50 mm. Preferably, you will need a lens that has the f-stop range of 2.8. If not, we will work around that.

Cost: $25 or, if you have missed a class in the last two months, then the make-up portion of the class (the first 45 min.) is free. If you would like to stay for the additional shooting demo then it is only $5.

Please RSVP right away so I can calculate how much space we will need, and I will cap the class at 8 students.

If you have questions:

Call: Erin at 801-404-4208

10 SPLURTS:

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Well since I never come to aerobics anymore...guess what...I finally got an SLR camera....I am so excited. But alas, I will be out of town on Thursday. SO...hopefully I will be able to take one of your classes soon. Do you offer a 2 for 1 discount, if me and my hubby want to take the same class, but are using the same camera. He is just as excited to learn how to use it as I am! TTYL

Fullmer Family said...

You just gotta rub your classes in my face don't ya?!? Man, how I want to take that EXACT class from you!! :( Maybe one day. Or, if you're ever in Alaska teaching it...well, I'll BE THERE!! :)

Kristine said...

Hey Erin! Do you still have room?

Rob L Code said...

Kristine, I have a spot if you want to come. It will be great!

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

If I lived by you I would come to your class....not to learn about photography ( I suck at it) but to watch you snort or do something silly. I would be entertained just watching you. rock on sista!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Erin - count me in for your class if you have space!
viv

i'm erin. said...

Hey Viv! I have space. Actually, that's the last one. Hooray.1

Harward Happenings said...

Hey Erin,

I'm a friend of Viv's. Please let me know if you ever do this class again. I need serious help with outdoor lighting!

Stacy

Harward Happenings said...

Or if a spot happens to open up!

i'm erin. said...

Hi Harward Happenings,

If you would like to come to the class, I will put you in. I have one student who probably wont be able to make it, so that can be your spot.

Let me know. You can email me at:

erinsumerill(at)hotmail(dot)com