Monday, July 06, 2009

It's all about the dress.

The bigger the better. That's what I always say. In my full wedding glory, I chose the biggest, fattest Phattest (is that even a cool word any more?...was it ever?) dress on the market. What can I say? I love poof. So, to be honest, I'm still drawn to these types of dresses. It amazes me how much a dress can make all the difference in wedding pictures. Yes, I like to think I can shoot a good shot now and then, but come on...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRESS!

I shot this wedding about a month ago and fell in love with her dress . . . check out the first picture! That's right, all DRESS!

Ask the Audience: What type of Dress Gal are you?

6 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

I love the I Do on the shoes!

Ella said...

Very nice! I agree the bigger the better.

Fugal Family said...

I bought a huge fluffy dress too and then a I bought an even fluffier pettycoat (4 layers) to wear underneith. It was awesome and I loved it!!!

Peggy said...

My wedding dress was more slinky. In a modest way, of course! :) Of course back then, I had a body that befit a slinky dress. I think I'd go for the big skirts now.

My favorite shots were that first one, the one with the kids, and the I Do on the shoes. What a cool thing to think of. So awesome!

Ticklemedana said...

mine will be from a 1950's Vogue Retro Pattern, tea-length dress that falls just to my knee with a full petticoat and a high neck in front with a v-neck in back, and 3/4 length sleeves...

Michelle said...

Mine was so big, it's embarassing. The lady at the bridal shop said my dress was her favorite in the store because it had everything girly on it: lace, beading, ruffles, ridiculous train, and the ever-important.....gigantic (and oh so flattering) bow on the butt!?
Hey I just remembered your mom made me a veil that was just as beautifully ellaborate as my dress was. Your mom is awesome.