Sunday, July 05, 2009

Dating: When there's 'fireworks'

Dating. Looking back, it seems as though I had more fun than I thought I had. I mean, while in the tug and war of dating life, it seems as though I was often looking at its drawbacks. There was this one particular wrestler guy that I dated off and on who only ever wanted to Wrestle . . . go figure. I quickly grew tired of that.

So after breaking off our next 'wrestling' meet, I found myself alone, on a 4th of July, left to enjoy fireworks without anyone to share them with. Not Fun. I considered giving wrestler a call, and then realized that desperation was not a pretty option and I certainly could not let it consume my life. Not anymore. I'd had it, so clearly my only option was to avoid guys all together. Shoulders squared and attitude in check, from that moment on, I began my "I'm having a blast on my own" life.

That lasted . . . like . . . Two Days! Mark came knocking on my door, and literally, made up for all the crappy, and craptastic others I'd ran the dating gamut with. Dating Mark sparked something in me. He was fun and exciting and sweet . . . and everything I couldn't ignore.

The other day, I shot this couple, and absolutely fell in love with them. Their chemistry was so vibrant and alive. It reminded me of everything I loved about dating Mark. So, thanks Alex and Mckenzie for the great times and good shots. Here's a few of my favs.


9 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

They are gorgeous! I might need to get some pricing information from you.

Adam and I don't have any really great pictures of us. Not even wedding ones. We were so broke, and had my dad do them, and I was really disappointed.

I really want to have some pictures taken of us, but I have so many bloggy friends who do pictures! It's a hard decision!

A. said...

What an amazing looking couple! they both have goureous eyes.

Weight Family said...

So, who was the wrestler, if he went to PG I have to know, cause I pretty much knew all of them. Wasn't my brother was it ;) Also, I surely hope Jay doesn't fall into the "craptastic" genre of boys you dated or we can no longer be friends. ;) He's the coolest guy I'd ever dated.
PS- If he was "craptastic" let me know and I'll give him a "how to treat women" talk.

i'm erin. said...

ha ha ha! Kira, you are so funny. no, it wasn't a PG boy. But, Jay was awesome. Always fun and nice and super cool. ha ha ha. that is so wierd.

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

How happy I would have been if only I would have known I was happy.

Attributed to Brigham Young.

Marcie said...

LOVE the pics!

i'm erin. said...

Tyran, so true!

Kayleen said...

Love your work as always!! :)

Melony said...

my hubby doesn't like the pictures of me on my FB fan page(Melony Martin)and says I need to get you to take some good ones...I told him that assumes that anyone could take good ones. You have to consider the subject! LOL You rock! Love ya! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! :D