Wednesday, April 29, 2009

me Me mE ME meeeeeeeeee ME

The best part about teaching a photography class is:
1. The shots my students take, tend to be better than mine...I learn something from them.

2. I have a raging good time hanging out with a dozen or so people that love photography as much as I do!

3. PHOTOS OF ME!!! Ok, so when I was short a model for our final shoot, I became the model for my students. Here are the first of the shots that have rolled in from some of my students.



Ask THE AUDIENCE: I decided to make it a contest to my students. I am going to pick a picture and make it my new facebook photo...because in the facey book world you can never have too many photos of yourself.
Which one do you like the best? I will be posting more over the next few days, so please check back to give all the students a fair shot.
thanks, luv erin

20 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Those are all fabulous! But then how could they not be? They are of you. I do tend to like that first one. And the third one.

Krystal said...

You look so, so gorgeous! And if you ever need a model, I'd love to do it, even though I'm totally prego and kind of in the fat-looking stage. I just love to have my picture taken, what can I say? And I love the locations of your shoots, very cool, I'm going to have to take your class.

renae said...

i tried antiquing that photo of you too. but it just made it very yellow. and the black and white was too stark, but the color fading wasn't quite right either. i guess the antiquing app in photoshop is better than in iphoto... cause i like your edit best!

you are a great model when you shut your yap! :) JK

xoxo

Maman Pélissié said...

Number 1 & Number 3! Love them!

kimpg3 said...

Number two is my favorite so far...but for a facebook photo I would have to say number four. Number four totally catches your wonderful and fun personality. Gorgeous!!!

Brooke said...

#'s 2 & 3 are my fav's but for facebook I'd pick #3.

how fun! We're coming to Utah at the end of June - through the beginning of July, we need family pictures... hint, hint! :)

tammy said...

The first one or the B&W. How often do you get shots of yourself?!? That is so great!

Kayleen said...

like #3 best; facebook go with #4
:) cute!!

Kayleen said...

like #3 best; facebook go with #4
:) cute!!

Kayleen said...

like #3 best; facebook go with #4
:) cute!!

big8smiley said...

#4 for sure on facebook! Those turned out really cute! It looks like so much fun to be the model! I tell you, I chose the wrong profession!!

Rach said...

AWESOME pics people...I really like the head tilting up looking up one...i love the fading around the picture. I also like the one where you are next to a wall...but I think maybe your outfit blends you in..but that makes it kinda cool.....nice pictures. HOw was class? was it fun teaching..so cool.

Kayleen said...

why do i have 3 similar comments?ha ha

Ticklemedana said...

you're gorgeous! I like the sepia toned one...

Ticklemedana said...

oh and I TOO am ALWAYS down to model...=D

A. said...

I like the 2nd from the bottom probably the best, but the bottom one is such the real you. I like it alot too. :)

missionary mama said...

beautiful pictures of you Miss Erin! totally goy-jus! My favorite is the first one.

Nick and Emily said...

you better get everyone's on here. they need to see my shot of you on the ground. where you may have died. we're still not sure by the expression on your face.

Finn and Tracey Family said...

which one for facebook? i personally love #1 and it does not have anything really to do with the personal connection. but i like them all for different reasons...so how about using the all. : ) then everyone wins.

Junior and Marissa said...

My vote is for number 3, but everyone is right, #4 is better for facebook because it shows the true you, ready to let out a big laugh now matter what situation is thrown at you. Hey, how'd you like to do my family's pics after the baby comes? I'd like to wait a 2-3 months after so maybe like July or August? We desperately need to take some, haven't taken any since I was prego with Tavita! Just thought I'd ask now since you're in such high demand. Let me know!