Friday, March 06, 2009

TEN TEN TEN TEN 10 TEN TEN TEN TEN TEN

It all started 10 years ago when...Hold up, wait a second...NO, it all started 15 years ago when...

Mark (hopefully he is laughing when he reads this and not planning my murder) first took out my oldest sister, Leslie. And to clarify, she asked him out because he is devilishly handsome (...or they were friends and she wanted to go to the dance).

Then,
Mark took out my second older sister, Nikki. There's no getting out of this one, HE took her out because she was (and still is) a rockin babe with the curves in all the right places...(ok, that's probably not why he took her out...at least not the entire reason, but they did date!)
After Mark returned from Australia, he found that he no longer liked Nikki. So, after dating around and not just the right girl, he knocked on my door...Literally. But, I wasn't home. When I returned home from work that day my mom informed me that Mark had come by to see me.
"What?!? Why does he want to see me?" I was exasperated.
My mom, in her all knowing voice replied, "Erin, if he wants to ask you out, then you say yes and you better be nice to him."
To my mom's credit, If she hadn't threatened me, I probably would have said NO. But, I said yes. We went out, and the sparks flew...at least for me they did. After our second date, Mark decided he'd had enough of my wild ways and wanted a girl a little more, shall we say, BORING!

But, NO ONE turns me down, so I STALKED him relentlessly...and the rest is history...at least 10 years of history.

Here is a walk down our 10 year memory lane:
1. A year after we had our first son, George, we moved out of state was to Cashmere, Washington. And we found this wonderful little bakery...if you are driving from Wenatchee to Leavenworth, you must stop at the Anjou Bakery!

2. Our first family pet was the fatty hermaphrodite cat - SMOKEY (remind me and I will tell you the story of Smokey's gender confusion)3. Our first home was a 1926 brick bungalow home in the great state of Utah. I loved this home...and all the friends I made while living there. In fact, those friends were a big reason why we ended up returning to the same area to buy our second home. 4. Our second son, Henry, came while we lived in our first home.
5. Then, after a few job layoffs and a need for direction in life, we packed up and moved to HAWAII! (really, isn't that what everyone should do when they're laid off?)6. While living in Hawaii, Mark took the big Leap! Not only did he get his MBA at University of Hawaii, but I finally convinced him to jump off the 'Rock' at Waimea. He did it (after deliberating on top for 30 minutes)!7. We had our Third son, Teddy. (And for the first time in my life my hair had a crazed life of its own thanks to Hawaii's humidity)8. After 2 1/2 years living near the beach, we packed up, and moved back to PG where we bought our second home. 9. After 3 wild boys filled with energy, we had our sweet RUBY JO!
9. Of course we've had our ups and downs. But it's good to say after 10 years we're happy, we have our little family of 6 and each other. What more could you ask for in 10 years?

33 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Awww!!! Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful day. You two are two of the nicest people ever. And two of my most favorite. You are perfect for each other.

Kristina P. said...

What a sweet post! Happy anniversary!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I loved that recap of your last ten years! Hahaha- I loved the recap of what happened BEFORE the ten years, as well!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

I am a mother! said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Cruise to the Max said...

Yes. I really dated two of Erin's sisters. There is still to this day a controversy regarding whether I kissed one of her sisters. The one Erin describes as having curves in all the right places. I have always denied that we ever kissed and that is still true. Her sister has a clouded memory unfortunately and looks very fondly on the time that I dated her. She believes that we kissed, but I remember all the girls I have smooched with and she was not one of them. Don't believe the lies. She was temporarily separated from her boyfriend at the time and did not give me the chance to kiss her.

I am getting way off point though. I just have to say that I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Erin is amazing and I couldn't ask for anything more. Okay, there is one thing more I could ask for. I wish she would make a steak for me at least a few times a year.

I love you babe. I hope we will always be just friends.

i'm erin. said...

Mark, you're on CRACK! I saw the kiss...we'll talk later on this.

Cruise to the Max said...

I do have to admit that I kissed her on the cheek once, but that was it. Maybe that was what you saw. Peace out.

i'm erin. said...

Crack crack crack...I am talking to nikki right now and she confers on the peck.

sanaejames photography said...

congrats & Happy Anniversary guys!

Honey and Hotstuff said...

What the %&#**@!! took him so long??? Happy Anniversary!
~honey

Rach said...

HOly cow!!! Has it been 10 years. I love the old photos. I love the dating the calabio girls story...always inspires a giggle.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, hope you do something more exciting that we did.

Ella said...

Very cute post Erin! Happy Anniversary!

tammy said...

You both made a pretty sweet choice when you picked each other. I could never choose which one of you I like more! Happy Anniversary!

Pop said...

Wow, thanks for the historyonics. Can't believe it, 10 years have past. That was a nice luau at your reception and I still didn't agree with the tagging of Mark's truck by his family, but you guys have done well to have such a lovely family. Now just triple or quadruple or more the 10 and you'll just be get going. We love you all.

kellieanne said...

Mark is such a second, triple, quadruple glance gorgeous babe I would have let him date AND kiss all my sisters to snatch him in the end.
You both are fun and loving people. I enjoy every moment I hang with you. Thanks for being that way and including me and my family in your world. Congrats!

Nick and Emily said...

i seriously got teary eyed reading that. i love you guys and i'm glad you're together. YEAH for MEMORIES!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Anniversary!! Loved the part where YOU stalked HIM! ha ha

Kayleen said...

okay my comment was the "annonymous one" whoops!

Toby Palmer said...

Happy Anniversary Erin and Mark! So glad that you have each other and such a lovely family.

Weight Family said...

Happy anniversary! That was an awesome post, nothing like keepin' it in the family! That rocks!

Weight Family said...

I just read the posts between you and Mark... makes me GUT LAUGH... too funny!

missionary mama said...

wow! that is such a cute story! your grandchildren will enjoy hearing that story for sure! =) sooper sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Marcie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow- 10 years is a big deal! I knew that Mark dated your sisters but never saw proof. Those pics are CLASSIC! It took him a while to find the right Calabio girl for him! I love how you said, No one says no to me!" Ha,ha- so you. :P

Carterista said...

Them are some weird dance picture backdrops!

And Marc...deny everything. It's good for the marriage. :)

the fowlers said...

first of all, i think that's my uncle matching the grunge look with young miss fielding in the second picture.

secondly, i remember pestering you two when i was a kid about getting married and all you would ever say was "we're just friends."

i'm so glad that you're more than friends! what a beautiful family!

Kristine said...

That is so cute! I knew Mark dated one of your sisters, I didn't know 2!!! You two are so perfect for each other. Mark is a cool guy! Congrats!

JoMamma said...

You made it Ten years! That gives me hope. Ha ha.... Happy Anniversary

Nikki said...

I do NOT look fondly on that time. And he SO kissed me. hahahahaha

Nikki said...

But it really was more like a peck though. lol

Nikki said...

And it was my birthday.

Nikki said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!!!!

Leslie said...

What?! Did he say that I asked HIM out? So NOT true! He asked ME out! Sure I was a lousy, awkward date (I fully admit I didn't bloom until college) but still, he was the one to call me. Jesse probably put him up to it since no one was asking me out during high school, though. Anyway, I remember thinking that Mark was really nice, in a friend, brotherly way - and see how right I was? So I had to resist his kissing advances, too.

Okay, he never tried to kiss me, but I still maintain that he was the one to do the asking for the date.

Happy anniversary!

A. said...

Beautiful Erin. Just Beautiful. Oh, and TIm just "had" to do the jump while we were there. lol But I think he was up there for a bit too. :)

I just LOVE the pictures PROVING the dating of your sisters. HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious. I don't know how I'd feel being 3rd in line. hmmm... :P

Ok - just read through the comments. BWahahaha! You girls are funny! Mark - it's no use. You don't stand a chance.