Saturday, March 21, 2009

George is 8...my big boy!

My baby boy is 8 years old!

George is 8 and 8 is GREAT. My oldest son is such an awesome kid. Georgie, I love you and here are 8 reasons you are wonderful:

1. Reader...must have picked that up from your mommy (wink), I am so proud of how you love to sink into a good book. p.s. Thanks Brandon Mull for also helping out in this area, Fablehaven, has been a huge reading motivator.

2. Animal Lover...Daddy was pretty surprised the other day when he came down to wake you up for school and Millie (our loving cat) was 'cleaning' you. She was licking you like your were her baby. But, I know it is because you take such good care of her and Bubba.

3. Big Brother...When Teddy is on the war path, you are the first to step in and find him something 'constructive' to do.

4. Daddy's Boy...Your daddy loves that you still will curl up on his lap. Though I'm sad you're not a Momma's boy anymore, I love seeing you with your Dad.

5. Yardsaler of the Future...You might be Daddy's boy during the week, but I know all summer long, you are my yardsaling buddy. Not only do you love to find a great deal with me, you score the bargains.

6. Friend...You have always been open and welcome to making new friends. Where ever we go, you have no problems meeting new kids and making new friends.

7. School Star...I love that you work hard in school, and volunteer in class. Always asking questions and telling stories to your neighbors, I am sure your teacher loves you as much as I do.

8. Big Kid...It seems like since we had Henry two years after you, you've always been my big 'helper'. I can count on you to help around the home and watch after your brothers and little sis. What would I do without you for a wonderful son?

13 SPLURTS:

Nick and Emily said...

I loved reading that list. it gave me fuzzy's. George is such a wonderful boy. He's a great example.

Marcie said...

I can't believe he is 8! Happy Birthday, George!

Honey and Hotstuff said...

I got to teach him in primary a couple of weeks ago. I asked the boys in the class things they can do to prepare to recieve the priesthood. George replied: Be nice to 6 year olds.
Happy Birthday George!
You have a great kid!

Weight Family said...

Crazy to have an 8 year old! We spent our weekend the same way, Kennedy's party was Friday night :)

Ella said...

That was a sweet list Erin!!!Happy Birthday George hope you had a great birthday party! Taylor wants you to come play some time.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, George! I can't believe that he is 8 already! I'm so excited for him to get baptized. I wish we could come for the baptism but I'm sad we won't be able to make it. Give him hugs for us.

Carterista said...

George! You the man, dude!
Sweet party of Sat. BTW.

Kristina P. said...

What a great kid! Happy birthday to George!

A. said...

Where did the time go? I just love the cake! Cute theme. George even looks older in this pic. What a handsome guy!

Just SO said...

Happy Birthday George!!!!

He really is such a great kid.

The Price Family said...

Oh My he IS such a big boy now... Crazy how time is flying. Happy Birthday George! ! !

Ipo said...

Happy Happy Birthday to the big boy!!

big8smiley said...

I most likely WILL NOT wear hammer pants. I can't believe George is 8! He is such a big boy! Happy Birthday George!!