Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ASK THE AUDIENCE

Showers. We all take them, the question is how often? I recently attended a women's get together where the subject was discussed. After much thought, I realized that last week, when I was working furiously to meet a deadline, I actually went an entire week before I showered. That may sound gross to you...or, it may not (depending on how often you lather up).

So, How often is too often? How long is going too long? (And, if you are secure enough in your stinkiness...How long is the longest you've gone without a shower?)

21 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

Sometimes, on the weekend, if I am just going to be out running errands, and don't really have any place to go, I won't shower, but I don't go more than a day without showering, and that only happens once a week, at most.

JoMamma said...

I like to shower every day. I don't feel like I'm ready for the day if I have not showered(this does not include washing my hair). However, I like to wait until I have worked out before I shower, and sometimes I don't work out therefore I do not get a shower.

Weight Family said...

I shower every morning... I would never wake up without it... longest I've ever gone without shower would probably be 3 days maybe 4 (camping).

gurrbonzo said...

Hahaah! I am an over-showerer. Every day, sometimes more than once. But, I won't judge you.

Fugal Family said...

I can't go to bed at night with out feeling clean. I can't stand the feel of dirty feet. So I shower every night before I go to bed.

Just SO said...

I'm not a big showerer. Although it might wake me up more and get me more motivated if I were.

If I work out or get sweaty I do try to get in a sprinkle but if not then I don't. I've gone about a week with no shower but that is usually when I'm out camping.

Krystal said...

My general rule of thumb is if I can smell my own stinkiness or I can't remember the last time I took a shower, then it's time. I just have a hard time finding the time, taking a shower with a 1 year old either standing just outside peeking in or banging on the door while crying his eyes out just isn't a good time. It's a good week if I shower every other day, sometimes I can go for 5 days or so.

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

I shower my body every day... My hair gets washed every other day and sometimes I'll wait 3 days to wash my hair, if I'm staying home that day.

kellieanne said...

Everyday! I walk up and feel ready to face the world!

Nick and Emily said...

HA HA HA! I love all these over showerer's. I am personally not one of those, but i guess that makes me the stinky one. well, for me showering is exhausting. either the water is too cold and my bones start hurting or it's too hot and i feel like i've been saunaed to death by the time i get out. but i don't like feeling gross either. that just stinks!

Mariko said...

My hair is super nasty if I don't wash it once every 24 hours. But I still don't like to do it. Whether I like it or not, I deal with the whole wet hair business.
But you live in Utah, the land of cold and dry. No reason to shower if you don't sweat, and I'm sure your sweat smells like roses anyway (STINK roses!).
You have no idea how many kids have told me that you licked a student once, by the way. Just so you know, your legacy lives on.

Nikki said...

As someone who has a very keen sense of smell right now, SHOWER ALL YOU STINKERS! I'M TIRED OF SMELLING YOUR STINKY HEAD IN THE PEW IN FRONT OF ME IN CHURCH.

Nikki said...

lol ahem. Where was I? Oh yes, dirty feet don't bother me. But smelling my own stinky head or if my underarms speak to me, it's time to shower. I can't go more than 48 hours. MAX.

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha Mariko! Good times at Kahuku High. OH, how I miss the stink eye from the students.

big8smiley said...

DEFINITELY every day. That is my alone time each morning - it keeps me somewhat sane for sure. The longest I've gone without is a couple of days when I'm camping. Then I just make do with wet wipes in the tent!

HeaddaMarie said...

I don't shower every day. Usually I just stay home and don't do much so I don't sweaty and get stinky & dirty, so sometimes I just don't see the need. If I workout or have been cleaning like crazy where I do get all sweaty and stinky then ya, I'll shower. Or if I can smell my own stank & my hair is all nasty & greasy..lol!! You totally crack me up!! The longest I've been with out a REAL shower was about 10 days!! It was cause I was camping, however, I did get a "shower" once in those ten days using a camping shower & I "bathed" 2-3 times in the river. When I came home and took a REAL shower, let me just tell ya..it WAS THE NICEST THING EVER!!!

Ticklemedana said...

I shower when my hair is gross, everyother day when it's straightened and every 2 days when it's curly...lol...though i have been known to shower on sun and not take one again til friday when I realize ew...I haven't showered since sunday! lol

Ipo said...

Growing up in the humidity and heat, going a day without 2 showers (morning and evening) was an abomination. So I still do the same, once at least, sometimes twice. I'm sorta grossed out about the "under-showerers." Just thought I'd share that!

JoAnna Anderson said...

I like to shower or take a bath everyday. Sometimes it just doesn't happen, but if that is the case, I will be in the shower first thing that next morning. Man, what do husbands think of their stinky, greasy wife? Not that you have to be all dolled up for them all the time, but clean at least...a small order I think!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You who think you are to busy to shower are just making gross. Make time. I hate when people smell and just think if they smell what does their house look like. GROSS!!! Maybe you should save water but come on even if we do a 5 minute shower its better than no shower at all. How can you not just feel gross. Sorry I just speak my mind!