Thursday, February 12, 2009

Book Reviews

Here I am again, going nuts because I am way to busy, but really, never to busy to read a GREAT book. The other night I read till 2:30am, (and paid for it the next day when I felt like an alcoholic with a killer hang over)

Book 1: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - This book is for EVERYBODY...well except for the younger kids. This Sci-Fi suspense YA novel will have you on the edge of your seat. Once I dove in I literally couldn't put it down, and I finished it that night. Such an easy read, but so clever. 5 out of 5

Book 2: Sabriel by Garth Nix - To be honest I felt the novel was heavy in description...almost too heavy. It took me a good 100 pages to finally commit, but once I did the novel picked up pace and action. I ended up really sinking into the characters and enjoying this Fantasy YA. Great read if you love Fantasy...if you are not a Fantasy fan yet, then hold off, read something tamer and then jump in. 4 out of 5

Book 3: The Dark Hills Divide - Easy fun read for Middle Grade. I enjoyed this quick adventure fantasy. It is a light fantasy perfect for your younger teenagers...but not a boring read for adults too. 4 out 5

3 SPLURTS:

Brooke said...

Lincoln and I have been reading the Land of Elyon books together, we LOVE them! We also like the Charlie Bone series, you should try them too!

Just SO said...

GRRRRR!!! I was hoping to beat you to the Hunger Games! You are always one up on me. I'm glad you liked it though.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'll have to check out the Land of Elyon books. Did you ever remember what those two great books you wanted to read are?