Friday, January 30, 2009

U G L Y: you aint got no alibi...

Let me preface myself by saying that I in no way consider Jessica Simpson to be Fat, Ugly, or even merely unattractive...quite the contrary; however, could you design an uglier, more unflattering, muffin-top accentuating pair of Jeans. These jeans are an outright disgrace to jeans the world over. Perhaps it is pictures like these that keep Saudi Arabian women clad head to toe in mute covered garb...for the mere idea that if there was a woman's movement it would only lead to the confines of these BUTT UGLY JEANS! Need I say more? Come on, Jessica. What is with the double Peg Bundy Belt, Mile high crotch and rejected barbie shoes? I looked the other way when the skinny leg jean returned, but high waist I will not tolerate. Take it back I demand...take the offensive lady pouch pants back.

ASK THE AUDIENCE: Yay or Nay on the High Waisters? If Yay, where in the world would you where them?

15 SPLURTS:

HeaddaMarie said...

I think they are BEYOND ugly!! Skinny jeans too are ugly!! But these are way worse!!!

A. said...

Are you sure this wasn't for some show where she's dressed liek that on purpose? :P
Ok, and I have to admit...I'm more into high waist right now, BUT i cover it with a shirt that hangs over...NOT tucked in. And it's pretty much to hold in my big flabby belly that I need to knock out with The Great Slim Down. :D

big8smiley said...

Those are freakish! At first I thought it was a joke. Is it for real??? Did she REALLY design these and expect us to actually BUY them?? I don't even think I would sport these for Halloween. Please tell me women aren't stupid enough to pay money for those jeans and support someone who has nothing better to do than sit around and think up ways to accentuate our butts/pooches/hips, etc.

Unknown said...

I'm blog hopping and I say NAY!!

SummShine said...

Why does she have two belts? I know I'm a guy and will never understand fashion but honestly, why two belts? It's not like her trousers are going to fall off.

Wait a minute! If I had as much money as she does then it wouldn't matter that I am a guy with no sense of fashion and then I could wear two belts just in case my pants were going to fall off too. Where's that money....I've got to make more money!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That is TERRIBLE - it so reminds me of Dolly Pardon & something she'd wear! You've got to hope that her stylist has better taste than that - but still why and how in your right mind would you go ANYWHERE in public wearing THAT!!! oh it's awful.

Mike and Brianna said...

I think those jeans are the most hideous things I have ever seen!!! They make her look heavy, and lets face it Jessica Simpson is not heavy!!!

Unknown said...

holy ugly! no one should ever wear two belts for any occasion. what the heck was she thinking. i think she should probably read your beauty tips and refer to the part about checking yourself in the mirror first. then this clear mistake wouldn't have happened.

Brooke said...

This is hideous, absolutely UGLY!!! She looks like she's a 50-something housewife from Arkansas (not that there's anything wrong with that...) but you'd think with the amount of money she has, and let's face it, the advisors she has...someone should have stopped this.

kellieanne said...

I think Jessica is a pretty woman. The jeans are not flattering because she is just that - a woman. She can no longer wear jeans that should would have a few years ago because our bodies change and we just get - well - womanly. So - bad choice on jeans Jessica. But I do like the heels with em.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

Yarg!!! They are horrible!! She is not fat, she had a very stupid moment to teach all of us what not to wear!

Kristine said...

Wow, those are BAD! One time on MadTV they did a TV spoof thing on "Mom Pants" Totally reminds me of this!

missionary mama said...

I'm no fashion expert but is she for real? Was this outfit for a custume party or something? OMGoolai! Girl! i just love reading your blog! you never fail to crack me up!

Jenny said...

Sometimes, a beautiful model can where whatever she wants and get away with it. But not in this case. Ewwwww. What was she thinking? Mom jeans...that's what I'm thinking. This will not be a new trend. Erin, I love following your blog. It's good to hear that everyone has hard times. I'm glad you and Mark pulled out of that one o.k. and with a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL girl. I love your hospital pictures and anything that has Ruby in it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Ipo said...

Ugly and all, it helped her make it on every news channel and magazine. And I know, I just know, that there are a bunch of women out there that are wearing clothes like this and they are FINALLY being represented!! Yay for them...