Tuesday, January 06, 2009

THE GREAT SLIM DOWN Q & A

Here's the answer to your deepest questions:
Question: What do you mean by 'no sugar'?
Answer: This one is for you to decide. I personally spent 3 months a couple years ago totally off of sugar. I made all my own bread, and ate oatmeal for breakfast. I only ate fruit with natural sugars in them. Personally, I don't intend on being that extreme for the great slim down; however, if that floats your boat, GO FOR IT. Either way, you can interpret it to mean: NO CANDY, COOKIES, CAKES OR JUNK!
Question: What is the prize? What do I get out of this?
Answer: This is up to you! I want you to choose your first goal mark and then reward yourself when you make it. I am going to be totally candid and honest here. I am 5' 6" and I currently weigh 151. I normally weigh about 135. I feel good anywhere between 135 and 140. I have set my first month goal to drop 7 pounds. By the end of January, my goal is to be 144. When I reach that first goal I am going to buy myself a sweet awesome new pair of SHOES! (I love shoes more than any other thing I could put on my body)
So, not only will you get a rockin' awesome body, you will also get your own reward...
However, for those of you who need more of a substantial reward, I am offering a grand prize reward of FREE PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION (a $225 value). The overall winner at the end of 12 weeks gets the prize.
Question: How will you pick the overall winner?
Answer: Easy, you will post comments along the way and track your success! The person with the greatest success in points earned and weight lost will be my winner! If it is a close call, I have a back up team of fitness professionals who will decide.
Question: What do I get if I live out of state?
Answer: If you pay for the travel, you will get the great photography session for you and all your family. Or you can simply use the offer for whenever you have the time to come to Utah.
Question: Do you have an easy Excel Spreadsheet I can use to track my points?
Answer: OF COURSE! A great wonderful reader, Faith, created one and sent it to me. If you would like your own personal copy, please email me and I will send it to you. My email is erinsummerill(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Question: Does shoveling snow count for 30 minutes of cardio?
Answer: If you worked up a sweat, exerted yourself and kept a consistent pace for 30 minutes, SURE!
If you have any questions that I left unanswered, please email me and I will get them answered.

ASK THE AUDIENCE: How did you do yesterday? Was it easier than you thought it would be or harder...or are you just not participating, but want to comment on the blog?

6 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

I'm not going to get in on the great slim down but I am doing stuff on my own to get healthier. I went to the Yeti's class yesterday. I'm way out of shape.

I am a mother! said...

Yesterday was a good day. The habits aren't too hard for me since I essentially started working on them last year about this time and have shed 50 pounds since! I'm also tracking my calories on thedailyplate.com
The sugar and no eating after 7pm will probably always be the hardest ones for me.
Right now I just want to get down to 140. When I get there I may re-evaluate though. About 7 pounds to go!!

Well, time to go workout while the kids are napping!!!

Ipo said...

I did great yesterday! I'm so excited to be doing this with others. And with the grand prize of a photo shoot for the family, I'm all the more motivated!! You're Awesome!!! Thank you!

A. said...

Wellll... I had great plans to be successful yesterday, but with the littlest one getting to bed late, that cut out my workout. Also, I always seem to eat after 7p because I stay up at least 5 hours past that. A whole other meal time has come by then! :P

Brooke said...

I've made it a goal since not working to have dinner ready early so we don't have to eat so late. I've rearranged our menu to include more fresh fruits and vegetables. Shane and I are waking up earlier to work out, and going to bed earlier to be more healthy and awake in the mornings. Since we don't have any snow to shovel I count chasing my now crawling twins as a few extra burned calories during the day! :) Thanks!

Haley Hale said...

I forgot to tell you that I am in, too. I drank 64 ounces of water yesterday. And three diet sodas. I guess those two points canceled each other out. Oh well.