Monday, January 05, 2009

THE GREAT SLIM DOWN IS HERE!!!

I'm 30, it's a new year, I am no longer pregnant, I have 16 pounds to drop. Do you know what I am getting at? This is it. This is the YEAR OF THE GREAT SLIM DOWN. Are you in or are you out? Here me out first before you make your final decision. If you jump on this band wagon, join my party, ride this train (are you getting my point yet?) IF YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT, then not only will you look great for the new year, but you will feel better too. Did you know that just 10 extra pounds on your frame will have you feeling more tired quicker, and less energy all around. That only goes to say that if you have more than 10 extra pounds to dismiss, then think of the benefits you will gain when you have dropped the weight.
Here is the Challenge: Earn as many points a day as you can by following the simple rules to earn points. Total up your points each week and report it to me, a friend, a spouse or just anyone...accountability is a MUST! Then check back here every week for GET FIT TIPS and stories sent in from others on how they were successful...and you can send in your advice and story too!

1. There are a set of 12 given tasks that earn points. If you complete one, then you get a point for that day for that task. You can earn as many points a day as you want, or as little as you want, providing you complete the tasks that earn points.
2. You cannot earn double points for the same item in one day.
3. You cannot make up points for an item if you miss it one day and double it the next, doubling up on one item does not get you double points (*this excludes weight loss points).
4. Go at the challenge with friends or alone, either way, I will be your number one supporter! So feel free to email me questions or your daily epiphanies at erinsummerill{at}hotmail{dot}com.
5. You can wait to calculate your weight loss points till the end of the week, or the end of the month. Weight Loss is the only points that you can earn as many points as possible. If you lose 6 pounds in a month, you earn 12 points for that month for weight loss. I would caution you to NOT weigh yourself everyday as you might have emotional ups and downs that might affect your fitness goals.

Email me for a great EXCEL spread sheet to track your points! I have an awesome friend who created it and it will work perfect for tracking points! erinsummerill(at)hotmail(dot)com

MONDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL MONDAY POINTS:

TUESDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL TUESDAY POINTS:

WEDNESDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL WEDNESDAY POINTS:

THURSDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL THURSDAY POINTS:

FRIDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL FRIDAY POINTS:

SATURDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:00
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)TOTAL SATURDAY POINTS:

SUNDAY FREE DAY!!!

23 SPLURTS:

Brooke said...

I'm in! I need this way more than you do, but I'm taking your lead! Shane and I started working out this morning, so perfect! :)

Ipo said...

I want to play!!! This is perfect! I was just making out my goals for the year and wondering how I was going to work it all out, and then here you are with the perfect check off list for me! Thanks!! I'll be tallying up the points!! Already got some for today!! Yahoo!!

JoAnna Anderson said...

I totally want to be in on this, but I don't understand the points... Do we set up our own reward system? I know the ultimate is that we could shed the pounds as the reward, but how do we reward ourselves...any suggestions? I'm ready to do this today!

Leslie said...

Sheesh, I'm back to having almost exactly 16 pounds to lose (again!) and have had no recent pregnancy to at least attribute some of the weight to. I think I was saying the exact same thing last january - aargh.
I definitely see what you mean about having an extra 10 or more pounds on your frame. I can feel quite a difference just going up and down the stairs these days and during last year as opposed to how much lighter and more energetic I felt in 2006 when I shed my extra weight. So this year I'm in, too. I really want to get this weight off and maintain again.

Carterista said...

I am SO TOTALLY IN! I got out that pic of me (you know, the one where I'm skinny) and I'm going to look at it to remember that I can do it, because I've done it before and IT IS TIME! THE YEAR OF THE GREAT SLIMDOWN!!!! WAHOO!!

P.S. Are you and Marc going to be the first couple to rent our igloo?? :)

A. said...

I"m in! I just have (kind of embarassing) question. The 5 fruits/veggies part. Is that 1 point for eating 5 fruits AND veggies, or 5 of one or the other? (Can you tell the food pyramid is not something I have memorized?)

Ashley said...

I am totally up for this.

I am a mother! said...

I'll do it! I like that it covers all kinds of wellness, including spiritual. Thanks Erin! Maybe when we are all fit and thin we can do the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon together!

Weight Family said...

I am totally playing, but less the weight loss portion for me, my current physical condition doesn't really allow for that, but everything else is a go!

Weight Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy Eddleman said...

Just wondering: Does shoveling a seemingly endless amount of snow count as both cardio and toning? ;-)

i'm erin. said...

sure as long as you did it for 30 minutes!

Bobbi said...

I'm in. Send me the Excel sheet.

Tiffany Chamblee Funn said...

Me too, Me too, Me too! Please send the spreadsheet.

Haley Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Blaisdell Family said...

Sure, I'll give it a shot (again). I started last year only to find out I was pregnant the next week and I kind of gave up. But this year is MY year!! 30 was suppose to be, but I was pregnant up until 2 months before I turned 31. SOOO 31 is now MY year!! If only I had just 16 pounds to lose:) That's like cutting my arm off. I have a HUGE amount to loose, but my goal for this year is 40 lbs by my next bithday in December.

Can we back track to January 1st if we've been keeping track of all this stuff already?

Also, I would love the spreadsheet. Please email it to theblaisdells[at]hotmail[dot]com

Thanks Erin!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

One more question, what do you mean by "no sugar" exactly? Even bread has SOME sugar in it. Or do you mean the obvious things like dessert?

Either way I won't get that point right now because I LOVE hot cocoa and it's been snowing like a mother!!

Jill said...

Hello! I am friends with Bobbi Johnson and she told me about this. I am totally excited because I need to be healthier. I need to tone up, get in shape and feel healthy! I am in!! This will be fun. My mom also wants to join in.

Will you email us the spread sheets! THANK YOU!

Jill-luckiestgirlalive@hotmail dot com
Heidi-hfitzy74@comcast dot net

i'm erin. said...

Hey Jill,

I tried to email you twice and it didn't go through. Email me and then I can reply with the spread sheet. My email is erinsummerill(at)hotmail(dot)com

karenbacon said...

I'm in! I'm Bobbi's aunt, I have started working out AGAIN this week and I'd love the inspiration. Please send me the spread sheet.
chkjbacon@yahoo.com

Ticklemedana said...

dude...i'm soooo in! I joined the gym in nov and even with the holidays I've lost 10 lbs since then...I hope to continue and I'm excited to start this again..yea!

i'm erin. said...

Hooray Dana you are back in! we have had the worst luck getting together...I am free for a while now, so call me when you are ready. luv erin

Lighthouse Mama said...

I am Faith's friend. I have a blog reporting my weightloss challenges and successes, but I could really use the motivation of doing it with others!!

I am in!! I love tracking sheets, so please email one to me! rebecka_knight@ezknight.net