Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scene II Act III: Yet another embarassing moment of my life

The Setting: The lights are brightly lit in the multi-purpose room of the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center. The walls are a barren reddish cinder block and the floor is covered in a rubber matting for multi purposes. Chris Brown tunes blare out of an 94' sony boom box as a dark haired, sweat drenched, aerobic instructor lay prone on the floor directing the class in a 'great bum' move.

Erin (Dark haired, sweat drenched, aerobic instructor): Lay flat on your back, bend your knees bringing your feet closer to your bum, but leaving them on the floor, and lift your hips up squeezing your butt. Raise your hips up and down.

(The women in the class follow, some grunting in exertion)

Woman 1: Aggghhh! My butt hurts...I feel like I have a charlie horse in my butt.

Erin: Isn't that great! Good times at Aerobics!

Woman 2: I feel like I cant lift my butt any more.

Erin (raising her voice for the class to hear): Keep it going ladies. Pulse to the beat, FASTER! (Erin starts singing the next song on the cd to the music)Your butt loves this! "Push it, Push it, to the limit, limit..."

Setting: As Erin is singing at the top of her lungs, and women in the classroom are grunting and groaning. Erin hears the low chuckle of male voices. She turns to notice a group of community league basketball players mulling around the door staring at the women working out on the floor.

Male Player: (feeling awkward and turning shades of beet red) Uh...I don't think this is the room for us.

Setting: Ladies turn bright red, and Corbin Bleu can be heard singing, "Push it, Push it, to the Limit, Limit...".

8 SPLURTS:

Shelby said...

HAHAHA!! That's what those males get for trying to usurp the room for their nasty basketball purposes!

A. said...

Hilarious! That's why I only do that exercise in the privacy of my own home. hahahaha!

Just SO said...

ACK!!!! LOL! I would have died.

Marcie said...

Didn't you just have a baby? I guess you are already past 6 weeks, but you are awesome to not only be exercising but teaching too! You look GREAT! :)

big8smiley said...

Sweet! We were doing that exact exercise a couple of weeks ago when some boys about 11 or 12 years old peeked in. Hilarious!

kellieanne said...

Upside - you guys probably made their night. Maybe they played extra hard on the court to rid themselves of all surge of testosterone they experienced. HAHAHAH!

Carterista said...

I'm SO sad I missed that!!!

Nikki said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!! That's sooooooooooo funny!