Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I wish...

Now that I am trying to fight the after baby bulge, I have added jogging to my weekly fitness goals. The problem is, I HATE TO JOG...without some rockin' music. Because I have taught aerobics for so log (12 years) it seems inconceivable to have a good workout with out something to rock out to. I have decided that I WISH I had an IPOD.


ASK THE AUDIENCE:
-Do you have an IPOD?
-Is it worth the money?
-If I simply cant afford an IPOD, what else could I do?

22 SPLURTS:

Jinjer said...

I bought myself a shuffle instead. It is WAY cheaper and so easy to wear. It has a huge clip on the back that I can attach to my sleeve or collar. Granted, you can't see what song is playing, but I just keep my playlist in alphabetical order and it's not too hard to find the song I want. I have loved it, especially for the price.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I bought a 30g IPod a few years ago & LOVE IT! I use it when I work out, I bought a cord to plug it into my car (greatest invention, seriously), I listen to it around the house - I love having my music library all in one place (and I've even loaded some kids movies on there to keep Britton entertained when we're out and about & I need something to keep him in check).

Rach said...

I have one, and I wish I ran to use it for that purpose. It is very useful...but can be pricey.

Robyn said...

I'm with Jinj--go for the shuffle. Caleb bought me one for my birthday and HE has loved it. (I seriously have never used it!) LOL. Yes, I totally love my husband...

Junior and Marissa said...

We're in the same boat as you, IPOD=way out of the budget. I am getting Junior an 2g MP3 player for Christmas. It holds hundreds of songs, comes with a jogging clip and was only $30 off of Amazon. There were good reviews for it, but I'll have to let you know how he likes it once he opens it.

Just SO said...

No ipod here but I'd like to get an ipod shuffle or something like that first. I've also heard that sometimes with ipod stuff you can only download songs from one computer and that's it. Not sure how accurate that info is though.

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

I love my Ipod... At first I bought the touch and decided way too much money for only 8 gig hard drive, so I took it back and got the classic, which is the "BIG" one and has 80 gig hard drive. Then found out that you can't run with a ipod that has a hard drive, because it is like a spinning cd inside and you can ruin it from all of the juggling! So big ones are not for running... Had to return the classic because it broke in 2 months. So, then I went with the nano and I LOVE IT!!! I recommend it! I think I would go nuts with the shuffle, not being able to see what is playing and change through playlists! If your going to go for it, you might as well just do it right the first time! Get it at Costco... Way cheaper!

gurrbonzo said...

ERIN! It's 2008, almost 2009. Time to get an ipod, Austin Powers! Even the teensy cheapest one will totally change your life. Do it. Do it. Use your coupon money. It's the BEST for working out and an investment in your shrinking bum.

Ashley said...

I have a ipod nana and a shuffle. I love them both. I use my nano for everyday listening and I use my shuffle for my workouts. I love that it is so light weight. You can barely feel. I think you can pick one up for about $60.

A. said...

Uh... I'm technoloigally challenged, so I'm a big no on the IPod. If I jut HAD to have music while jogging, I'd get a discman or something. Or whatever they have out these days. :P

Sarah said...

I bought myself an ipod and it was broken very quickly. If you are the type that has to find one song at a time instantly, an ipod is great. It is better for holding large amounts of music because the scrolling makes it go pretty fast. If you make can make playlists or don't need 6000 songs at a time, you don't need an ipod. Most people I know only have their ipods half full. (I think statistically that's also true). I was too upset to invest again. Movies are nice, but I don't watch them that small and in my experience, multiple kids fight over small screens. For the record, I have a 8gb sandisc (sp?) for $54 new! off ebay. It has worked well for the last 7 months. They are a little more if you get them in the store.

Kristine said...

I have one, and I say yes, it is worth the money! You can put your CD's on it too!

SummShine said...

If you are going to use while jogging, then get a shuffle. you've got to be able to attach it to you in a way that won't be cumbersome or hold you back. I bought a Sansa 2gb player for 15 bucks a couple of weeks ago. it is so small, I attach it to my wrist watch while running. It is worth every cent I spent for it. the other day while running 6 miles out in the hills here, Metallica started playing and I took off. I mean I was already tired and when that came on it helped keep me going.

Dave

Bobbi said...

I bought my husband an iPod shuffle a few years ago that he never uses, so it has become my own. Actually, I never use it either...except for when I go on my bi-annual jog. I seriously go jogging about twice a year, but during that jog, I LOVE the iPod!!! In my opinion, the shuffle is all you really need for good jogging music, and it's pretty inexpensive. You can buy a refurbished one from the apple store for $39. DEFINITELY worth the money if you're going to be jogging regularly.

Maman Pélissié said...

I love it for all of my music, but I love it most for books. I get the newest ones from library, on cd, and then up upload them. I get so many books read this way. I listen a lot in the car too. I had a plug installed right into my car which plays through all of the speakers. Obviously my boys love their music on it too. It is really versatile. I think you would love it.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

I don't have an IPOD but I have an MP3 player. Is it worth it? YES! Buyer beware: with an IPOD you are mostly paying for the name! There are other MP3 players out there. I bought mine for $60 and it was a better deal than the IPOD and got more memory and could do more with it than the IPOD.
~honey

meg. said...

Well hello Erin!
It's Meg, aka Sidney's best friend, Tammy's adopted daughter, and that random girl who often waves at you in the rec center while you do your work outs.
I must say, i have upgraded my iPod many times. (An iPod to an iTouch.) They are absolutely outstanding. I would even spend my college funds on one, yes, they are that good.
My vote for getting an iPod is, YES!

tina said...

any mp3 player may work just as well. my hubby likes audio books, which you can't really get for ipod for free from the library. he bought a Creative Zen (I think that is what it's called), he loves it. itunes is aggravating to me at times because of how it syncs songs and if you don't do it right you lose some or get some you don't want. maybe i don't really know how to work it though. i think having an audio device is great though. if you don't want to spend lots, just look for a differnt mp3 player. i picked up a raffle price RCA 8gb mp3/video player for $40 or $50 after thanksgiving. look after Christmas, there's got to be deals. happy hunting!
tina(leslie's friend)
ps - sorry about the random capitallization or lack thereof - just too lazy to worry about it right now!
PSS - I LOVE your photography!

Marcie said...

I lucked out and Mike won an ipod through his work and gave it to me. I love it that I can have all of my songs in one place (even though I still have so many to upload!) He has a shuffle and he loves it for running. I'll have to have him make me a playlist for when I run. :) I also like how you can see the artist and song on the ipod. Look for deals- you are the Queen of finding them! Or have it be all that you want for Christmas AND your birthday! :P

big8smiley said...

You MUST have an iPod - especially if you love to work out! I prefer aerobics in a dance room too, but the iPod has come in real handy when that isn't an option. I use my iPod and run bleachers. :)

Fullmer Family said...

I have just the 2G Ipon Nano - the older one with the smaller screen. I LOVE it!! I think it was 75 bucks a few years ago at Target. It has more songs than I could ever use (most people might feel differently) - but I have my workout playlists, church music, songs for CJ, etc. It's great to just push play in the car and have all his songs playing. As for the Shuffle - I don't think you can make playlists on that, so you'd just be scrolling through songs to find the one that inspires you to run faster...Not sure though - it's sure small and cute though! :)

Jordan and Jandee said...

yes and ipod is worth the money.....if you can't afford the real deal, I recommend getting a shuffle since it holds about 240 songs, which is usually enough to jog to... I promise you will not go back once you have used it!