Wednesday, December 03, 2008

For the LOVE of Reading

I LOVE a good book...no, on second thought, I like a good book, I LOVE a great book! I recently read the wittiest, humor packed, irony laced novel that I truly think you should read too. Shannon Hale's novel, Austenland is engaging from the start, playing off of the well known, Pride and Prejudice. Have you ever completely fallen in love with a character from a novel? Does Edward in Twilight ring a bell? If that fantasy love is a plague in your life, then this novel is for you. Austenland combines a theatrical look at how a modern day woman would fare in a Pride and Prejudice setting. This cunning novel is more than meets the eye and the reader is left utterly surprised and pleased with the brilliant outcome.
If you love a great romantic comedy, this book is for you. And, the best part is, it is a short read. I know you are busy this holiday season, but don't miss out on the joy of Austenland!

WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? Please share, because I am always in the mood for a good book!

11 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Ooooo that sounds good. I'm reading Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult. And Pretties is in the wings.

I am a mother! said...

I really like, "Eat This Not That" I know it's not a novel but that's what I'm reading and I really like.

Good luck with the baby weight! I've got 9 more pounds to lose and I want to do it this month!

Want to do the Hobble Creek half marathon in August?

Kayleen said...

Just finished reading "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane." (Thanks Shelley!) Loved Loved Loved this book! I read it with my daughter Alexandra and she now wants a rabbit for Christmas. lol

Currently reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" -- So far so good!! :)

Honey and Hotstuff said...

I just read: "The Secret Life of Bee's" by Sue Monk Kidd. I read it in about 4 hours one afternoon and I sobbed! They made it into a movie and my sister saw and loved it. I won't tell you what it's about but a lot of my cowokers read it and loved it too.
~HONEY

Honey and Hotstuff said...

I just read: "The Secret Life of Bee's" by Sue Monk Kidd. I read it in about 4 hours one afternoon and I sobbed! They made it into a movie and my sister saw and loved it. I won't tell you what it's about but a lot of my cowokers read it and loved it too.
~HONEY

Ipo said...

I am so going to read that book!! I just got done with Pride and Prejudice, again. Started reading Sense and Sensibility, again. I've been in the mood for the classics. Thanks for the tip!!

JayandCassandra said...

I always pick up books you suggest, Erin. Hence why I started Mistborn today... so far very good.

JayandCassandra said...

PS... I've noticed you find a lot of good LDS authors. Do you purposely look for LDS authors?

i'm erin. said...

Hey Cass, No I dont intentionally look for LDS authors, but I have been drawn to cleaner quality books...and it seems that a lot of LDS authors (for the most part) have been writing a lot of hearty novels. luv erin

JayandCassandra said...

I think that's why I've been dabbling into teen books lately too... they are cleaner. It's hard to find a really good, clean book. It helps though when I have a friend named Erin who is a book worm and great at finding gems for me!! he he

The Wents said...

I read that book when it first came out and it was very entertaining. But I have to say that the love story wasn't quite believable enough for me. But overall a very good book.