Monday, October 27, 2008

LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!

Disclaimer: If all this talk of pregnancy and it's many gooey facts makes you queasy, then do not pay any attention to this post.

Contest: Upon weighing the facts of my elephant long pregnancy and the expected arrival of my baby, you are invited to enter into this once in a life time contest. You guess the date and time of when little baby girl Summerill will come, and the weight. The closest guess will win one of a variety of random crafty objects that I make. The prizes are listed below, but not limited to (as in, I could come up with other odds and ends kicking around my house):

1. Super Cutesy 1/2 Apron in trendy fall prints
2. 2 matching bug ribbon clips for your daughter's hair...or the daughter of a friend
3. A sweet pair of pink drop earrings
4. 1 large flower clip for all ages
5. 1 plate of my famous, bake sale sell-out, cookies!

HISTORICAL FACTS:
-All my boys were born at 38 weeks.
-I have actually never gone into full blow labor on my own...My water has always had to be broken first.
-With my boys I have always dilated over 2-3 weeks, and then eventually sent into the hospital because I was so far dilated and effaced, but not having regular, increasing in intensity, contractions. (With Henry I was 6 1/2 Cm when the doctor sent me to the hospital, but when I arrived there I was 8 Cm...all without having hard contractions)
-My doctor said Henry was measuring small and wanted to move my due date back a couple weeks. Henry came at 38 weeks to his original due date and weighed over 8 pounds!

CURRENT FACTS:
-As of Friday I am 75% effaced and 3 cm dilated
-I have Braxton Hicks every day, and I have only had one day that had 1 hour of uncomfortable contractions. I have had no strong uncomfortable contractions in a few days.
-I lost my mucus plug Saturday morning at 9:00 am (it was gooey, and bloody, and seriously GROSS)
-According to my last period, my due date is Oct. 31; however, this is debatable because that period was irregular and lasted longer than my normal ones. I spotted for 5 days and then had a full blown period...So, If I went from when the spotting ended and the full blown period started, my due date would be Nov. 6 (give or take a day).
-I was measuring small with this baby, and the doctor wanted to move my date back to the 14th. I vetoed this idea right away.
-If I walk or do aerobics, contractions start immediately; however, when I stop, they stop.
-Over the last few days I have had increasing back aches, and (not to gross you out) diarrhea.
-Last night I felt utterly compelled to clean every inch of my house, including vacuuming out the light fixtures. (I often feel this way and try to deep clean my house every 2 weeks at the latest).

Leave your guess in the comments section. Remember to include:
1. Date of Baby's Arrival
2. Time of Baby's Arrival
3. Weight of Baby

29 SPLURTS:

A. said...

Wow - all that info on your very public blog. Kudo's for your braveness. haha!

1) October 29th
2) 11:15am
3) 7 pounds 14 ounces

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm going to go with Thursday, October 30 at 6:56 pm, so you will get a chance to dress her in that cute halloween outfit you got at your baby shower.

And she's going to weigh 6 lbs. 2 oz.

Carterista said...

October 30th (because you'll probably eat all your Halloween stores early...am I right?)

11:00pm (because you'll be busy all day and will need a little time to get to the hospital before all the excitement starts)

7 lbs 9 oz (because she's a girl and she should be a little smaller than Henry was)

*I reserve the right to modify my guestimate any time previous to your entering the hospital.

Carterista said...

And you were right...that really was gross.

Cruise to the Max said...

You say clean every 2 weeks. I know for a fact it is more often than that. Let's try EVERYDAY! I should know, I am the husband. If we were going to guess based on nesting tendendcies I would have guessed the date to have been a Month ago. Ha ha. I love ya Erin?

Mark

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I'm going to say

1) Nov 1
2) 2:10 pm
3) 8 lbs 2 oz

Good luck, can't wait to hear the news (p.s.-I go in tomorrow, hooray)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

don't worry Erin, she'll be here soon. . . this kid's only coming 4 days early but I'm with you & am so ready to just be done already.

John Ivie said...

My guess is Nov. 4th. You will go to the hospital fairly soon after aerobics, so you will have her at about 3:30 pm and she will weigh 7 lbs. 15 ounces. I am gonna win this one! Sorry guys!:-)

tammy said...

I'll say:

Thursday the 30th--that way Mark gets to take the boys trick-or-treating by himself, without the embarrassment of you begging treats for your two-day old baby.

Somewhere between 4:30-6:30 p.m. because the light will be at it's most flattering in your south-west facing hospital room. (fingers crossed)

Ruby Jo will weigh 6 lbs. 8 oz. because that's exactly what I weighed when I was born and it's such a cute, petite, little girl weight!

Just hang in there, Erin!!

Karina B. said...

Miss Summerill's Grand Entrance:

1. October 28
2. 7:30 pm
3. 7 lbs 8oz.

big8smiley said...

You will have her on November 1st. She will be 7 lbs 10 oz and the time will be 1:10pm. All the walking around from trick or treating will put you over for sure! :) That's what happened to me.

Haley Hale said...

You crack me up! (Or as Emma says, You chuck me up.)
My guess is:
Nov. 1
1:15 am
7 lbs. 14 oz.
Can't wait to hear something!

JayandCassandra said...

Nov. 2
5am
7 pounds 5 oz.

Rachel Plunkett said...

Hi ERIN!

What Fun...
1) November 2nd,
2) 6:00 pm
3) 8lbs 2 onces

You'll have a beautiful baby whenever she's born... I must win!!!

Bobbi said...

October 29th, 11:26p.m. 7 lbs. 10 oz.

kellieanne said...

Date: October 28th
Time: 10:30 p.m.
Weight: 7 pounds 4 ounces

I can't wait to see the little princess!

Jesse said...

One dollar!

Come on, super cutesy 1/2 apron.....

Jo said...

Oct. 31, 5:15 a.m., 8 lb. 4 oz.
So let it be written, so let it be done! I'll take the prize in cookies please. Mom

Shari said...

I predict Oct. 31 at 4:32 p.m.
I think she will weigh 7 pounds 13 ounces.
I think she will be the prettiest girl born that day.

Troy said...

I say November 18, 9:00pm, 14 pounds 8 ounces!

Troy said...

I say November 18, 9:03pm, 12 pounds 3 ounces!

sarah said...

1. October 28th
2. 7:35 pm
3. 8lbs 2oz

Kristine said...

November 1
10:15 am
7 lbs even.

I am a mother! said...

Hmmmmmm.....
October 28th
6:00am
8 pounds

So you better go into labor um...NOW!!!

Rach said...

1) November 1st
2) 12:30 pm
3) 8 lbs. 6 oz.

Oct. 31st you will have gorged yourself with the candy you "sensored" from your children's trick-o-treating pickins and late that evening you will have bad indegestion. After going to bed, you will toss and turn in the night not wanting to get up because You have given up on the fact that this child is coming. So after some hard contracts you are forced up to go Pee, you decided to time your contracts. After 2 hours of consistent contractions you go in. 9am you arrive and get admitted and wait and wait and wait for them to break your water. Noon hits and they decided to finally break your water, and your precious bundle of joy will FLY out at 12:30 pm... TADA!!

Bennetts are winners!!

Ticklemedana said...

I'm gonna say....hmm...Nov. 2 @ 2:12am and she'll be 6lbs 11oz...=)

JoMamma said...

If you have already had her I'll be ticked off that you have not called.

1. Thursday October 30th. This way you can make it to my party.
2. 7 am
3. 7lbs 3oz.

Hope it's not to much longer

Robyn said...

I called you tonight and you didn't answer (not really a surprise), but just for fun I will guess:

Tonight, October 28th
born at 11:27 (right now)
6 lbs. 10 oz.

PS--I want the flower clip. :-)

A. said...

OK - you better have had a baby yesterday, or else I'm out of the running. :P